Renault T Range trucks

There`s a fair few of the Renault T range motors on the road now yet I have seen little in the way reports of their performance , fuel consumption , reliability etc , that may be a good indication of how they have been received by the industry . I would be interested of how operators/drivers have found them in service , the truth the whole truth etc ?.

My local dealership tried to sell me one, but as I said to them “Having one Renault is bad enough”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Having said that, I believe they are fairly good on fuel, and there haven’t been any major issues with them so far.

Seems to be the truck that the leasing companies are pushing at the moment.

Volvo running gear I believe.

They was offering four year warranty and two years r&m including mot prep on the 8 wheeler in our area. They have shifted quite a few too

Did read about Adblue issues then going into limp mode but all were resolved under warranty by dealer, did note a Renault Dealer in Norfolk advertising 63 Plate T Range for Lease £840 a Month circa 193,000Kms on clock.

Nice motors.

As an agency driver, I was one of the few people that was a fan of the Premium, and still am, and the T range is a big improvement. As a fleet motor, they are very well specced. Quiet and comfortable, and pull very well with the same underpinnings as it’s predecessor. Not too bad on fuel either. Once you get used to where the various switches and modes are, they are actually quite nice to drive. In fact I am in one tomorrow at one of our customers.

My only gripe with them, is the flimsyness of the side panels and levers when folding them in to get on the catwalk. I have seen many damaged already.

Ken.

Quinny:
Nice motors.

I was one of the few people that was a fan of the Premium,.

Ken.

I think you were one of the many fans of the Premiums, especially the later version. One over many of those that drove them, if they could see past the badge and their prejudged, the later version even won the notorious Premium hater Rob K over. :smiley:

Would like to try a new T range, not heard many complaints about them.

Reo Speedwagon:
Did read about Adblue issues then going into limp mode but all were resolved under warranty by dealer, did note a Renault Dealer in Norfolk advertising 63 Plate T Range for Lease £840 a Month circa 193,000Kms on clock.

I’ve also seen Renault advertising some with interest free credit and remainder of manufacturer warranty followed by up to 2 year drive line warranty.

Range T - is that the ■■■■ ugly looking truck with the god awful huge red plastic plaque on the side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muckles:
Would like to try a new T range, not heard many complaints about them.

As I said on another thread, we are scania usually, but had a T range on demo for a week. Lads really liked it, so that was that. Suspect it was cheaper than scania, but as they CBA to put a price in, we’ll never know.

I would think they’re a good robust truck and fairly reliable but dam are they ugly to look at! The contours of the cab seem all wrong to me. Performance wise I know a bloke who had one on demo and was struggling to get 6.5mpg out of it with a bulker on back. As with all trucks though it’s how you drive them that makes a difference to fuel economy.

Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well a short day in the customers unit means I am home early, and I have found another shortcoming in them.

The sunvisor doesn’t go the full width of the windscreen, meaning there is a gap of about 3 inch in each corner. It is the pull down all in 1 type, ala Stralis without the electrics, but in fairness to that and the point above in my first post, people need to stop being a badge snob and try them. I think they will be pleasantly surprised.

Ken.

Quinny:
Well a short day in the customers unit means I am home early, and I have found another shortcoming in them.

The sunvisor doesn’t go the full width of the windscreen, meaning there is a gap of about 3 inch in each corner. It is the pull down all in 1 type, ala Stralis without the electrics, but in fairness to that and the point above in my first post, people need to stop being a badge snob and try them. I think they will be pleasantly surprised.

Ken.

In the corner you press a button and a piece of plastic about 4" square drops down and fills said gap.

As for the visor itself, electric must be a option, because of the 6 T’s iv driven they have all had it.

Concretejim:

Quinny:

Ken.

In the corner you press a button and a piece of plastic about 4" square drops down and fills said gap.

As for the visor itself, electric must be a option, because of the 6 T’s iv driven they have all had it.

Yes their should be a drop down plastic square that fills in the corner of the window where the sun-visor misses. It also has a handy clip for fuel cards etc. The electric sunvisor comes with the comfort pack or can be ordered separately. To be fair their have been a few niggles (like any new truck) but touchwood nothing major to speak of on the T Range.

Spec wise, i suppose what most drivers don’t appreciate that trucks can be fully customised with literally hundreds of options, and either dealers buy batches of generic spec trucks for stock to suit most operations or customers plump for lower spec’s to save money. I would much prefer spending time with clients who want something bespoke and will give you time to fully go through the specification.

Either way selling T Ranges is easier once drivers have been in them and driven them, the cabs are bigger than they look from outside and look a lot better with lockers instead of top bunk. Engine wise the 460 for 85% of operators is fine although prices now on the bigger 13 litre are a lot closer.

If you have any questions please let me know, by pm if you prefer.

I’m a true volvo fan, how ever I did have to drive a Renault last month and I was actually impressed, very comfy’ didn’t feel as cheap as the earlier renaults! I just don’t get the electronic Park brake? On landfill work that’s a huge pain in the ■■■!

yt03:
I’m a true volvo fan, how ever I did have to drive a Renault last month and I was actually impressed, very comfy’ didn’t feel as cheap as the earlier renaults! I just don’t get the electronic Park brake? On landfill work that’s a huge pain in the ■■■!

What specifically did you have trouble with, did you use the hill start function?

Chrome Lozenge:

yt03:

What specifically did you have trouble with, did you use the hill start function?

Well in my FH on tip I’ll bang the chain off the dozer on front of my unit, let it take some weight and knock the park brake off… On that they was already pulling me by time I banged it in D, foot on the accelerator and then knock off the electric handbrake… It’s not a dig at Renault as such just the whole concept…

But for getting down the road it was as comfy as my volvo, just less room in my opinion.

My issue will be not a issue for probably 99% of drivers i suspect.

I have a new fmx 6x4 tractor it has same electronic handbrake.

kr79:
I have a new fmx 6x4 tractor it has same electronic handbrake.

It wasn’t a dig at the Renault, i just don’t get it… I’ve never come across one of these before, maybe I just need to get with the times :open_mouth:

Chrome Lozenge:
the cabs are bigger than they look from outside and look a lot better with lockers instead of top bunk.

It baffles me why virtually all new trucks have a top bunk as standard when in 99.9% of cases, nobody will ever sleep in it.