O license news paper ads

How much should I expect to be paying to place an add in a local newspaper for o licensing requirements

Just been quoted a ridiculous figure, more than the o lines application cost!

James

£120 I think it was a couple year ago.

I was quoted £311 by one paper and £178 by another, pays to shop around.

I paid £130 in 2012.

Think mine was £145 in 2011. They can basically charge what they like as they know you need it. Same as doctors with drivers medicals. Robbing ■■■■■■■■■

Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine was £174 last year

It seems to depend on the circulation of the paper. Just paid £147 for one operator and nearly twice that for another. Check with the smallest paper if the the Traffic Commissioner will allow the ad in that paper. If you have seen others in then it will be ok. Pays to shop around if there is more than one paper covering your operating centre.

Thanks all

Mine was £222+vat and I didn’t have a choice because it was the only newspaper covering the area (Adwick Le Street). For comparison, in Barnsley there is a newspaper that does it for £68+vat.

think mine was about £65 + vat

I ended up paying £162 inc vat

How many weeks do you have to advertise it for ?

Jas-G:
How many weeks do you have to advertise it for ?

Weeks ■■?..the prices quoted are for ONE night mate :open_mouth:

You need to get it right first time, or it gets very expensive :blush:

I heard it was for 6 weeks …

Jas-G:
I heard it was for 6 weeks …

Its one night mate, I`ve done enough over the years…

My tip to anyone needing to have their arse whipped… put your advert in on a Saturday, less nosey muppets about, they are normally in their garden, greenhouse, caravan, or behind the W.I. stall being upstanding members of their elite sect :unamused:

Does it have to be a local paper? Is there anything to stop for example a Southampton haulier advertising his O licence increase in say The Cockermouth Gazette?

the maoster:
Does it have to be a local paper? Is there anything to stop for example a Southampton haulier advertising his O licence increase in say The Cockermouth Gazette?

Local circulation, preferably the main one, as some of the local “free” rags aren’t good enough…apparently :wink:

Question answered. Thank you Stanley.

Stanley Mitchell:

the maoster:

Local circulation, preferably the main one, as some of the local “free” rags aren’t good enough…apparently :wink:

As above has to be one the main ones covering the operating area, bit of a pain as some of papers know this and the fact they are your only option and will shaft you on the rates for a what is in effect a small bit of print. Know of some small operators being charged £350+ in some areas for this privilege.

Just paid 400£ for an advert in Slough Observer :frowning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk