O license question

I currently have, and am more than happy with, a domestic license. Can I take a load of timber to France for a mate, if it is not ‘for hire or reward’ I would just be doing it at cost.

i do not think that it will be possible,even when you say for cost as you are not the holder of a INTERNATIONAL -CPC;AND THEREFORE ALSO HAVE NO
EU;PERMIT,and the French do rather like takeing money off illegal operators,
andthat is what they will considor you as,

TO BE SURE WHY NOT PUT THE QUESTION DIRECT TO THE TRANSPORT DEPT;in the UK and see what they answer back,

No !

From A & D

A Standard National (S/N) licence allows the licence holder to carry both his own goods and goods for other people for hire or reward, on public roads in Great Britain. He can also carry his own goods on journeys abroad

:wink:

Of course If you were to buy the wood off him… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brit pete:
i do not think that it will be possible,even when you say for cost as you are not the holder of a INTERNATIONAL -CPC;AND THEREFORE ALSO HAVE NO
EU;PERMIT,and the French do rather like takeing money off illegal operators,
andthat is what they will considor you as,

TO BE SURE WHY NOT PUT THE QUESTION DIRECT TO THE TRANSPORT DEPT;in the UK and see what they answer back,

Cheers I thought that might be the case, I’ll have to work on it.

Denis F:
No !

From A & D

A Standard National (S/N) licence allows the licence holder to carry both his own goods and goods for other people for hire or reward, on public roads in Great Britain. He can also carry his own goods on journeys abroad

:wink:

Of course If you were to buy the wood off him… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers :wink:

As said previously; NO
But it does seem a little strange that the holder of a Restricted licence can take their goods abroad, and they don’t even need a Transport Manager with a CPC!