Coffeeholics Diary - Vienna and Beyond

FANTASTIC :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Truly excellent read and I was completey engrossed! Keep up the good work .

I think we all appreciate your diaries and the fact that you take time out to write them. Much appreciated. Makes us all love the industry with stories like that and indeed we forget the negatives because there can be and indeed are the positives like yours.

Did you do a short trip after getting back form Budapest ?

Many Thanks Neil

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed it. I didn’t do a short trip, I took a few days off as I had some things I needed to get done and the truck was due a service as well so it worked out well. I was offered a trip shipping out on the Wednesday but by the time I would get back on the Saturday it screws me up for shipping on Sunday and I prefer to do that.

Absolutely fabulous read, think this is what trucking is all about, still can’t get my head around all the breaks etc. you can take, I never had time for that with the operators i have worked for. Again, excellent read and is a credit to you.

Thank you df1.

Yes a very longgggggggggggggggggggggggggg read.Enjoyed it very much.Did your company get any more work from the irish company :question:

It’s only been a few days Jim but the signs are good. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All these diaries where nothing ever seems to go wrong I think I should do one just to show the yang.

Good read Neil can I suggest you add your daily duty hours to the driving time at the end of each report

It would give a comparison between the hours worked “on the continent” compared with uk to cover same distances

Good suggestion Sean, although I do usually say what time I start work each day and what time I park up. Things have gone wrong in some of my diaries but I usually work to avoid situations arising by a bit of preplanning. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

There are a couple of accounts I’ve written recently, where more things have gone wrong more than usual but you will have to wait for the book to read them. :wink: :smiley:

It would give a comparison between the hours worked “on the continent” compared with uk to cover same distances

Why you reckon you work more do you NSH. :laughing: :laughing:

Less over the water for sure.

Coffeeholic:

Yes we are sat relaxing on a ferry drinking coffee or sleeping for 1 day per week while the rest of you UK men and women are stuck in a traffic jam :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

Yes we are sat relaxing on a ferry drinking coffee or sleeping for 1 day per week while the rest of you UK men and women are stuck in a traffic jam :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re not all stuck in traffic jam’s,well not all the time. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

I reckon we do a lot more hours for the same mileage

For example some of the continental runs take 2 or more days just to get to the tip if you did 2 10 hour driving days & took the minimum breaks you would only work a 11.30 hour day each.

To do the same amount of mileage over here bearing in mind you’d be tipping each day I reckon you’d be doing at least 13 or 14 hours

I’m supposedly getting the demo motor this week on Fri/Sat so I’m thinking of doing a diary to log everything that goes wrong :wink:

north surrey haulage:
I’m supposedly getting the demo motor this week on Fri/Sat so I’m thinking of doing a diary to log everything that goes wrong :wink:

Look forward to reading it north surrey haulage :smiley:

good Story Neil, it brought back a few memories

And as I am full of useless information, Tizauvaros iused to be called Leninvaros until Lenin became about as popular as Jonathan King at a kids party :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I read that when I was doing my research for the diary, then forgot to include it. :unamused: :blush: :blush: Apparently it was called Leninváros for 20 years, 1970 -1990, the word város means town, and then became Tiszaújváros which mean ‘New town on the Tisza.’

Coffeeholic:
Yes, I read that when I was doing my research for the diary, then forgot to include it. :unamused: :blush: :blush: Apparently it was called Leninváros for 20 years, 1970 -1990, the word város means town, and then became Tiszaújváros which mean ‘New town on the Tisza.’

Oh I noticed you said you spoke German are you fluent or do just get by.

I’ve just ordered some linguaphone dics (for the company of course :wink: )

Excellent read Neil and good pics too…it was two glass read :wink:

north surrey haulage:
Oh I noticed you said you spoke German are you fluent or do just get by.

Somewhere between fluent and ‘just get by’ I would say. I can listen to the radio/TV and undersatnd a lot of it, I can hold conversations and also eavesdrop on others, which can come in very handy sometimes when the people you are listening to don’t know you can understand them. :wink: :smiley: My grammer and use of verbs is not great but it is enough to be understood.