Carl J Brogan selling up?

CJB are selling up, auction next Saturday IIRC, what happened there then ?

Another smart looking Euro Fleet packing up :frowning:

Stanley Mitchell:

Why should a blinged ( smart ) fleet be any different from anyone else.

shugg:

Stanley Mitchell:

Why should a blinged ( smart ) fleet be any different from anyone else.

What’s not to appreciate ?

prob same as usual m8 work they do slashed to ■■■■ by east europeans its all tks to good ol tony blair and his euro buddies :imp:

Just noticed the scania listed on the auction page is one I ran from new at one company (it was originally a light shade of blue for a company in Birmingham ) then I rehired it at my next company

stevejones:
prob same as usual m8 work they do slashed to [zb] by east europeans its all tks to good ol tony blair and his euro buddies :imp:

Unfortunately we in this country seem to think that if we run top of the range expensive motors , pay ourselves what would be seen by some as ott , the net result is the unfortunate demise of this and other companies . If you walk into a shop to buy a can of soup , one can costs £2 go round the corner and see the same can of soup for a £1( Aldi ) , would you buy the £2 can because the motor and driver that delivered it drives a top of the range Scani plus the driver is being paid big bucks ?.

shugg:

stevejones:
prob same as usual m8 work they do slashed to [zb] by east europeans its all tks to good ol tony blair and his euro buddies :imp:

Unfortunately we in this country seem to think that if we run top of the range expensive motors , pay ourselves what would be seen by some as ott , the net result is the unfortunate demise of this and other companies . If you walk into a shop to buy a can of soup , one can costs £2 go round the corner and see the same can of soup for a £1( Aldi ) , would you buy the £2 can because the motor and driver that delivered it drives a top of the range Scani plus the driver is being paid big bucks ?.

According to the advert in this week’s Commercial Motor, the majority of trucks being auctioned are 480 and 440 MAN’s, there are a couple of DAF’s and one Scania being auctioned but all three of these are ten years old or over. So I don’t know where the idea of “top-of-the-range expensive motors” comes from, I’ve no doubt that they just finally gave up against the relentless rise of eastern European haulage.

Scan of the advert referred to above…

I saw that advert, I think they stopped being a smart fleet a good few years ago.
Still sad to hear they’re packing up thou.

malcolmharrison.co.uk/

Looking through the sales diary I see one of Denis’s competitors selling in May.

ye mr shugg for a long time in the uk we have what we call a standard of living and wether u like it or not since mr blair and his euro friends said yes come on in all you poor penniless ex commi bloc western europe has slipped into chaos . if they all had been rich countries do you really think they would of done the same for western countries if u do u are mistaken but its to late now so ive bowed out :smiley:

puntabrava:
http://www.malcolmharrison.co.uk/

Looking through the sales diary I see one of Denis’s competitors selling in May.

Assuming you mean Rob Rowe, we don’t cross paths much :wink: he’s got a couple of good drivers though :wink: word on the street is they’ve sorted new jobs already :sunglasses:

I was in Poland last weekend visting a Polish friend of mine. He is running 2 vans,1 12ton box and 1 40ton artic for Dhl, all internal work within Poland. He is currently on 50 cent per km for the artic,diesel was 105 cent per litre inclusive of vat @23%.
We went to a motor factors to buy oil and filters for his 2009 XF 105 and they worked out roughly 50% cheaper than I can buy them here in the republic of Ireland.

However the huge difference is that this guy is 32,married for 5 years with 2 small kids,they share a house with his wifes parents,they live upstairs,the parents downstairs.No rent\mortgage,share the bills, and the general cost of living is about 40% of what I pay. He drives a beat up old Fiat Uno,does all his own sevicing and repairs and according to him a van drivers wage in Poland is 200 euro per month take home.

So it’s easy to see how they can run at such low rates!

Transc:
I was in Poland last weekend visting a Polish friend of mine. He is running 2 vans,1 12ton box and 1 40ton artic for Dhl, all internal work within Poland. He is currently on 50 cent per km for the artic,diesel was 105 cent per litre inclusive of vat @23%.
We went to a motor factors to buy oil and filters for his 2009 XF 105 and they worked out roughly 50% cheaper than I can buy them here in the republic of Ireland.

However the huge difference is that this guy is 32,married for 5 years with 2 small kids,they share a house with his wifes parents,they live upstairs,the parents downstairs.No rent\mortgage,share the bills, and the general cost of living is about 40% of what I pay. He drives a beat up old Fiat Uno,does all his own sevicing and repairs and according to him a van drivers wage in Poland is 200 euro per month take home.

So it’s easy to see how they can run at such low rates!

I was talking to young Pole on Friday, who was on agency for Stobart Ports @ Widnes, he was very clued up regarding money, and had NO intention of returning to Poland anytime soon, I can see why even if you double the van drivers rate :unamused:

Transc:
However the huge difference is that this guy is 32,married for 5 years with 2 small kids,they share a house with his wifes parents,they live upstairs,the parents downstairs.No rent\mortgage,share the bills, and the general cost of living is about 40% of what I pay. He drives a beat up old Fiat Uno

I don’t think that it’s that common for operators from EE and from the prices he’s running at he’s the eastern equivalent of an OD with a taste for mars bars :laughing:

stevejones:
ye mr shugg for a long time in the uk we have what we call a standard of living and wether u like it or not since mr blair and his euro friends said yes come on in all you poor penniless ex commi bloc western europe has slipped into chaos . if they all had been rich countries do you really think they would of done the same for western countries if u do u are mistaken but its to late now so ive bowed out :smiley:

It is very clear that under the last government the standard of living in this country climbed to a very high level , fuelled mainly by overdraughts , bank loans , credit cards etc , when the recession came along and earnings fell a great many people could not accept that their standard of living should also fall , basically the standard was allowed to reach levels where it never should have been in the first place . Not only do we have the Eastern Europeans to blame for the demise of our own countries transport companies , I was employed for 17 years with a world wide logistics operator on contract to a major customer , my hourly rate was very good , we were paid genuine time and half and double time , worked every bank holiday , had good holiday entitlement etc etc need I go on , every year wage negotiations took place and wage levels continued to rise , I recall wondering how much longer will this go on . Surprise “surprise” recently anyone who retired or left were not replaced , the fleet is being gradually reduced and sub-contractors are employed to pull the companies trailers and the very few drivers who are left are on basic hours , I leave the rest to your imagination .In conclusion the contractors employed now are all British companies employing British drivers on lower pay rates and conditions which were once enjoyed by the previous drivers !!!.

cant argue with the facts i geuss :smiley:

it definitely wasn’t carl owned it from new

edwardj:
Just noticed the scania listed on the auction page is one I ran from new at one company (it was originally a light shade of blue for a company in Birmingham ) then I rehired it at my next company