Cost of External Transport Manager

I recently told some I used to be a Transport Manager for I was going to have to charge them £56.00 a week. I was promptly told my services were no longer required It cost 15 quid in fuel round trip to visit so basically you get 40 quid for the day. What do other TM charge roughly I cant afford to do it for less this was for one vehicle by the way

I know people paying anywhere between £50 and £100 per week for a single vehicle licence. The minimum number of hours is 8, so even at minimum wage that is £52 and for the level of responsibility minimum wage is hardly fair. My wife is my transport manager, so I get away with just paying her in kind :wink:

This wont help you but may help me. Can someone be their own transport manager? so you dont have to pay anyone else or the Mrs.
Ps surely the company will shoot themselves in the foot, if they pay less than min wage.

WalkerG:
This wont help you but may help me. Can someone be their own transport manager? so you dont have to pay anyone else or the Mrs.

Yes, I’m my own TM.

Harry Monk:

WalkerG:

Yes, I’m my own TM.

Me too :wink:

And it’s the best option for a small haulier, paying £100 a week ( which is probably the minimum a external TM would need to do the job) is a expense that most would be better without

I have been an external Transport Manager for 26 years, and for anyone asking me to act for them these days I would charge £100.00 a week, plus expenses for one vehicle, which is just over £12.00 an hour for 8 hours. Not that I wish to take any more operators on in the future.
I’m at an age for winding down from legislation.

Harry Monk:

WalkerG:

Yes, I’m my own TM.

Me too.

Good morning all,

We have an application in for an Operators licence for our (so far) 1 truck and trailer to operate out of our unit here at Holmewood nr Chesterfield in Derbyshire.
We are going to be involved in moving vehicles around the UK and, in the not too distant future, Europe.
The gent who was to be our TM has managed to allow his certificate to lapse so we need someone to fill the statutory 8 hours a week for us asap.
Anyone interested or know anyone please give me a ring on 01246 855975 or message here
Many Thanks
Rob Stokes
Motrix Ltd

Never heard of a transport managers certificate lapsing, I got mine in 1980, no expiry date.

alanjblack:
Never heard of a transport managers certificate lapsing, I got mine in 1980, no expiry date.

There was a questioniere that vosa sent round a couple of years ago, iirc if it wasn’t returned cpc holders who got theirs by grandfather rights were deemed to not be active

Denis F:

alanjblack:

There was a questionnaire that vosa sent round a couple of years ago, iirc if it wasn’t returned cpc holders who got theirs by grandfather rights were deemed to not be active[/quote

Spot on Denis.

Only transport managers with existing Grandfather Rights are eligible to apply
for Acquired Rights. At the time of publication those who are not listed as a
transport manager on a current operator s licence are required to apply to the
Secretary of State for an Acquired Rights certificate by 4 December 2013.

So would that mean that my National and International CPC qualifications gained in 1995. but not used for a transport managers / OD`s position, are now not recognised and therefore useless??

bullitt:
So would that mean that my National and International CPC qualifications gained in 1995. but not used for a transport managers / OD`s position, are now not recognised and therefore useless??

No I think it only applies to the people who obtained them by Grandfathers rights, and are no longer using them. If you passed yours by RSA or OCR exam, you would be OK.

Dave the Renegade:
If you passed yours by RSA or OCR exam, you would be OK.

That’s nice to know. Cheers Dave, yes it was RSA.

I’m in need of a transport manager but for buses. Im new and am looking for a super bargain at least for the first year so it gives me time to get up and running. Work will be minimal as I am I believe all inline with the paperwork so can email anything the TM would request or post or if need be I’m more than happy to do all the physical running about.
I do understand the going rate level and am prepared to pay that only are asking for massive concessions for the first year to help me along.
I am new with 1 2010 Ford Transit Minibus.
I do understand this is a tall ask so again just for the first year so giving me the chance to get going.
Currently only have a school run with the odd job coming in now n then very infrequently.
Many thanx

TMNEEDED:
I’m in need of a transport manager but for buses. Im new and am looking for a super bargain at least for the first year so it gives me time to get up and running. Work will be minimal as I am I believe all inline with the paperwork so can email anything the TM would request or post or if need be I’m more than happy to do all the physical running about.
I do understand the going rate level and am prepared to pay that only are asking for massive concessions for the first year to help me along.
I am new with 1 2010 Ford Transit Minibus.
I do understand this is a tall ask so again just for the first year so giving me the chance to get going.
Currently only have a school run with the odd job coming in now n then very infrequently.
Many thanx

You need to tell people where you are located.

I can’t help you yet sorry, still waiting for my results :laughing: