Backload from newport -northeast

any o/d,s got any names of good companys i can try, {tautliner by the way}

You could try Gerry Jones Transport, at Cwmcarn, not far off the beaten track from Newport.

Try www.returnloads.net or wwwfreight2mail.com both free to use

cheers all, only problem with these return loads websites is you are getting the load 3rd hand, and time every bodys took there bit off a poor rate to start with it doesnt leave you with much! will try gerry jones though

Wouldn’t have thought there’s much profit but I’ve seen o/d pulling for Hicks and R J Masons out of Newport…

One of our ex o/d claimed he could always get steel out of Cardiff docks, and they are in and out of there all the time.

Out of interest how do you guys get your loads ? Would a day spent knocking on doors be a day well spent ?

I wouldn’t put a lot of faith into these return load sites either, what about giving Owens a ring? or even Gregory Distribution.

I suppose if you are in Newport regularly, then a day on the knocker might be a good idea

I rang a forwarder got there number of return loads last week just looking to fill a gap, pays £300 leyland/ farnbourgh then swindon/leeds£320 to me thats not that bad [ i only run @ 38ton so cant be that heavy] i was getting on box,s n/west / felixstowe £580 return trip with all the messing about + waiting time included .if you not got your own work then they all pee in the same pot me thinks…you do it for the love of it so i was told…■■ :unamused: .

the other problem with return load sites is they dont want to pay you until they have been paid, so they take 30-60 days to get paid then they hang on to it for a bit,before you know it your on 90 days which is a big NO NO for me

Have the potatoes started running from Pembroke yet? It’s a long time since we did it, and the companies we worked for, have all packed in, I know it’s a good way further down, but it used to be mega money :smiley: