The Deal is Done

The Volvo sales guy has just left my house and I’ve signed on the dotted line for the new chariot. :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: Final price after adding in or deleting things has come out at £69,377.00 which is around £8000 more than the current one was 2.5 years ago, there are a few extras or improvements on this one, but the monthly lease payments have only gone up £9.15. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The main resaon for this is I’ve gone for the 420 this time rather than the 380 and the residual value will be better, in fact if I had stuck with the 380 this time the lease payments would have gone up by around £60.00 - £70.00 a month. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It goes on the road on 01/12/2005 and this means I’m in for at least another 3 years. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Right I’m off to look for my senses now, I’m sure I must have left them somewhere round here. :wink: :sunglasses:

You didn’t use the same dealer as NSH, did you?? :open_mouth: :wink:

Were you tempted to have the MOPACC fitted and is it going to be the ‘office pack’ again?

Did you ever get an answer from VOSA about having your OBU in the windscreen etc etc?

marcustandy:
You didn’t use the same dealer as NSH, did you?? :open_mouth: :wink:

I don’t know which dealer Sean used but I did ask my guy if they had sold a black tractor unit recently and he said no. :wink: :smiley:

marcustandy:
Were you tempted to have the MOPACC fitted and is it going to be the ‘office pack’ again?

No I looked at the MOPACC but decided against it and yes it is the office pack again.

marcustandy:
Did you ever get an answer from VOSA about having your OBU in the windscreen etc etc?

The last word from VOSA was that vehicles wouldn’t fail the MOT because of the sensor for the OBU in the windscreen, although technically they should, and they are looking into the situation. Incidentally Toll Collect expect to have service partners in the UK to fit OBU’s by next month.

Coffeeholic:
It goes on the road on 01/12/2005 and this means I’m in for at least another 3 years. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Good Luck Neil

GREAT news and you know of course what the next sentence will say

Get your fingers in condition as we are all waiting here for your next

post about your weekly holiday trips on the road with all the latest

and also when it is there pictures of your new holiday transport

all the best coffeholic, ,

Nice one Neil, bet you can’t wait now eh :wink:

Sean used Volvo at Ely by the way

I thought a man of independant means such a yourself wouldn’t need to re-enlist for another 3 year tour of duty :wink:

Volvo at Ely is correct & would be my recomendation for any O/D afterall you’ve got to be into masochism (sp) to be an O/D

Great news Neil, i thought you were warming to a Daf SSC though.

Will it look exactly the same as the one you’ve got now??

Bet you cant wait to get it now either :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

MAD28:
Great news Neil, i thought you were warming to a Daf SSC though.

I was but when the three Volvos I’ve had have been so good in terms of reliability, fuel etc it was hard to seriously consider anything else.

MAD28:

Not exactly, very close but there will be a couple of differences.

MAD28:
Bet you cant wait to get it now either :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to getting it but the vehicle I have at the moment is excellent and I’m quite happy to wait out the six months.

Just to be nosey what extras did you go for? :smiley:

Good luck with the new truck neil
when you get it and I hope to see
pic’s :smiley: .

Coffeeholic:

MAD28:

Not exactly, very close but there will be a couple of differences.

Maybe this new one will have some matching mirrors :bulb: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good luck with it neil now that going to be another truck to look out for.

Congratulations and best of luck with the new unit. !!
Looking forward to the new (and enhanced with a new character) pages of the diary :stuck_out_tongue:
Do you get to specify components other than the powertrain (rear axle for instance) , or is it pretty much all standard ?
Over here there’s a hundred+ combinations the same unit can utilize. There’s a few manufacturers with their own lineup for every little (and big) thing. Although it’s now becoming more vertically intergrated…

You can specify things such as the rear axle, that is one of the things we looked at and the sales guy provided me with various print outs of revs, torque, gears etc using different axle ratios, I’m sticking with the same one I’ve had on the last couple of trucks as the fuel returns have been excellent. From what I understand it is more standard than over there but there is still plenty you can specify.

So what is the ratio :question:
and tire size and ■■■■■■ final drive :slight_smile: :question:

It’s just that I follow your diaries and sometimes can’t help but drool over your mentions of mpg …

3.08 with 295/80R22.5 tyres, same as on the last two.

We also looked at a 2.85 ratio and also tried both with 315/80R22.5 tyres, but it looked like those combinations wouldn’t be as good on fuel.

■■■■■■ final drive I have no idea. :smiley: :smiley: All I really know about the gearbox is that it is an automatic and that’ll do for me. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Flash git.
I hate you.
:cry: :cry: