Dye your diesel?

I,m not fortunate enough ( or unfortunate as some of you might say) to be an owner driver but i saw this ad on the m6 and have been meaning to look at the site for a long time but never got round to it.

Anyway apparently you can turn your diesel in to any colour you want to prove its yours, and apparently some unscrupulous people may use it to dye red diesel too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Just thought you might like a look at it.;0;):wink:

dervdye.com/

after a spate of thefts our diesel is a delightful shade of peacock blue. We have a letter in each cab from customs and excise saying we are allowed to use the dye so i am assuming you have to get permission to use it.

what we need is something that will take the dye out of red then we’ll be running at the same cost as the europeans!

paul b:
what we need is something that will take the dye out of red then we’ll be running at the same cost as the europeans!

No what we need is something that will take a large slice of the duty out of the diesel then we would be running at the same as the Europeans.

Coffeeholic:
No what we need is something that will take a large slice of the duty out of the diesel then we would be running at the same as the Europeans.

β€œWe”? When did you last fill up in the UK :wink:

Paul

repton:
β€œWe”? When did you last fill up in the UK

About 8.5 years ago and it still hurts. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The point is though if the fuel here had been cheaper a lot of the 190,054 litres I have bought in that time would have been purchased here and the duty contribution would have been to the UK rather than various foreign lands.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good point that, have fuel prices rissen at the same rate in europe?

Is this dye any good at preventing thefts?

paul b:

Some unscrupulous (sp?) people might use this to dye red diesel to a different colour and then claim its their own colour to prevent theft . :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

jammymutt:

paul b:

Some unscrupulous (sp?) people might use this to dye red diesel to a different colour and then claim its their own colour to prevent theft . :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

the chemical markers could still be traced … couldn’t they :question: :question: :question:

Ive never seen a ministry man with a chemical kit, although i have seen them dip the tank and be satisfied with the colour.

unfortunately, no kit needed, customs and excise who actually monitor illegal fuel can turn up on your doorstep anytime and ask to see your fuel invoices, an open n shut case, bye bye wagon :cry:

If you had your own colour dye what would be the odds on the purpetrator of a theft of your diesel being dipped at the side of the road.

As if they are not caught in the act then that’s about the only way of getting caught.

Even then would you not have to have the colour registered on the C & E’s computor system to trace it back to you

A better idea would be for a marker to be added fuel in the trucks tanks with a unique identifier for every company with a registered vehicle (similar to micro dots etc)

Then if anybody was dipped at the side of the road and your identifiers were in a truck that dosn’t belong to you then the person/owner of said vehicle could be arrested for theft (that must be reported) and duty evasion