Croft fuels Fuel card help, please

Have just been offered a very good deal on fuel cards, from a company called Croft fuels ltd of Hightown Liverpool, has anyone got any experiences of them good or bad, before I sign my life away again :frowning:

sorry no !!

but if they’re good on price and payment terms you should be ok

A good idea is to get them to email you prices at the start of the week - keeps them on their toes :wink:

their website looks ok !!

That’s the plan, he’s sent me the last 6 months prices which are consistently lower than I am paying at the moment, but not by much :frowning:
Am ready for a change anyway tho, as a card got taken out of one of my wagons 2 years ago, it cost me £800.00 up till the point I stopped it and a further 2 grandish between my call, and them actually doing something about it, they didn’t help us 1 little bit either :imp:

Denis F:
sorry no !!

but if they’re good on price and payment terms you should be ok

A good idea is to get them to email you prices at the start of the week - keeps them on their toes :wink:

their website looks ok !!

renaultman:
T
Am ready for a change anyway tho, as a card got taken out of one of my wagons 2 years ago, it cost me £800.00 up till the point I stopped it and a further 2 grandish between my call, and them actually doing something about it, they didn’t help us 1 little bit either :imp:

the zero liability is good, I’ve got that on one of my cards :wink: not needed it yet but you never know what happens if the card gets lost :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Denis F:

renaultman:
T

the zero liability is good, I’ve got that on one of my cards :wink: not needed it yet but you never know what happens if the card gets lost :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yeah it’s 6quid but no-one knows better than me, that it doesn’t take long gto run a big lump of money up.
They were leading it out of Thirsk, in an IBC in the back of a transit, we got some video, but they all had the regulation baseball caps on :imp:

we use croft they theyre ok not sure on price but linked to keyfeuls if thats any help

I use Croft fuels and I have had no problem whatsoever in fact they have helped me out when I could not find a filling place I rang them and they directed me to a filling station which accepted the card. Even clackets take it now!!

funnyfut:
I use Croft fuels and I have had no problem whatsoever in fact they have helped me out when I could not find a filling place I rang them and they directed me to a filling station which accepted the card. Even clackets take it now!!

Cheers, have applied for it :unamused:

We have BP, Keyfuels, and Croft. We are instructed only to use the Croft one in an emergency, due to the fact that they bill you as soon as you have the stuff. So I would just check the payment terms.

We have BP, Keyfuels, and Croft. We are instructed only to use the Croft one in an emergency, due to the fact that they bill you as soon as you have the stuff. So I would just check the payment terms.

I used them only as an emergency. They bill you as soon as you have taken fuel and want payment in 14 day unless they have charged their T&Cs. Check them out before u go ahead.

The main ones I used were : AS24 for Europe with IDS as a Bckup and in UK Carlton fuels and NWF fuels.

from past experience, albeit a long time ago, Croft fuels were known as something else on Regent Road in Liverpool.

Have a word with your local fuel supplier, they can set an agreement up with keyfuels, the original bunker system after agency cards.

I used to use Rix in Hull and you could almost tell them the price you were willing to pay for fuel in a landtank, keyfuels then charged you a small handling charge based upon this price.

Mind you that agreement started when Keyfuels actually issued drivers with a plastic key rather than a card :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a customers market, though, my mate has got an absolutely fabulous deal with a german operator for European fuel

Henrys cat:

Same as Petroplus irc,
they’re taking it put twice a month now :frowning:

I get my fuel bill from Crofts on the 25th of each month so I don’t know why they seem to charge me different and their prices are better than BP or Securicor.

They now have over 1000 fuel places and I have never had a problem but as I say maybe I am just lucky?

I’m looking at getting a card for th U.K as the price in Belgium is getting so close to U.K prices it wont be long before it’s not worth going over for.

This is after I managed to negociate an extra discount if I only use two specific filling stations.

Do Croft,Securicor etc require a security deposit?

north surrey haulage:
I’m looking at getting a card for th U.K as the price in Belgium is getting so close to U.K prices it wont be long before it’s not worth going over for.

This is after I managed to negociate an extra discount if I only use two specific filling stations.

Do Croft,Securicor etc require a security deposit?

They haven’t asked me for one, but there again I haven’t been accepted yet either. In fact they were very laid back in their whole approach, not wanting credit references, or recent accounts :unamused:

I had no payment up front just provided two trade references then off I went.

My price this week is 79.5 per litre

What’s their coverage like?

funnyfut:

:astonished: I hope not :imp:
My Petroplus is 75.37 and I’m not happy with that!

Mods, any chance of having a weekly fuel comparrison Sticky?
It would be nice to know what other people are paying, we could maybe put our Ins renewal premiums when they come up as well.

renaultman:

funnyfut:

Ouch !!!

Smartdiesel this week = 73.9ppl
Securicor(BP card) =78.78ppl

It would be nice to know what other people are paying, we could maybe put our Ins renewal premiums when they come up as well.

just let me check something - sound like a good idea :wink:

Denis F:

renaultman:

funnyfut:

Ouch !!!

Smartdiesel this week = 73.9ppl
Securicor(BP card) =78.78ppl

just let me check something - sound like a good idea :wink:

Cheers :wink: