Where has all the work gone

Has anyone found work harder to come by this year?
This is my 10th year as an owner driver, and I find that every where I try for a load it gets harder and harder, I hear the sentence “Sorry there’s nothing about” more often than I can remember.
Don’t get me wrong, I am still getting work, but it does seem as though we are in a recession.
I get most of my backloads from Tilbury ,it’s not that long ago the queues were horrendous but the work doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Tony :unamused:

possiby due to every other wagon on the road being a foreigner with a fraction of the running costs.

:open_mouth: Even the agencies are quiet round here. :unamused: :confused:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m glad it’s not just me! Box work had dropped right off, due I think to the amount of guys who usually do general coming onto Containers, due to the lack of work. It’s begining to become a little worrying.

got to agree with all the above,the backsides fell right out of the steel game as well, recession here we come

RECESSION is the key word here.Have been owner operator for the last ten months,and have a lot of contacts across all sections of this game and all are saying how quiet things are.Even guys on the food chain supply a mate of mines Dad runs 18 trucks on fridge work and he’s had 3 a week parked up fort a fortnight