Ways to cut cost

Fuel:

Use a supermarket where you get 5 p of a litre when you spend £50 or more! Tescos is one!

Use Credit Cards which give u cash back or you can balance transfer (interest free ) to help ur cash flow!! Halifax is one , interest free for 9 or 12 months and thats on purchases too!

I didn’t think LGV’s were allowed to use Supermarkets?

you ever tried getting a rigid with a 30ft body on a to a busy super market forecourt? they don’t exactly welcome you with open arms :frowning:

Morrison’s in Eastwood have a big sign that says ‘NO HGV’ and in the local Tesco and Sainsbury’s forecourts the canopy’s are too low to get anything other than a large van in.

reduce costs■■? use a push bike instead of a truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

routier:
Fuel:

Use a supermarket where you get 5 p of a litre when you spend £50 or more! Tescos is one!..quote]

Fill my Range Rover up at Tescos at the begining of the month, usually between £60 and £75 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …but never had any mention of 5p off!!

Is that 5p off each litre you buy OVER £50 worth or is it 5p off each of the total litres bought PROVIDED the final price is over £50?

I will have to look into this and have a little word in the ear of the spotty faced erk thats sits behind the till :wink:

Cheers, bullitt.

bullitt:
[
Is that 5p off each litre you buy OVER £50 worth or is it 5p off each of the total litres bought PROVIDED the final price is over £50?

Cheers, bullitt.

it’s usually spend £50 on food and recieve a voucher for 5p off each litre ( amount may vary) last one I got was sainsburys - I think it was spend £100 in the food part to get a 5p off voucher !!

Cheers Dennis, the spotty faced erk gets a reprieve!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Bullitt.

My 7.5 tonner gets filled up at Morrisons quite often. Never had any hassle off the operators about being there. Collecting the Morrisons miles means that 4 tank fills = a £5.00 voucher to spend in the store.

I’ve seen the signs about no HGV’s but then a 7.5 tonner isn’t an HGV !!!

My buses always get filled up at Sainsbury’s too!

Calv

Ways to cut costs

Dont pay yourself a wage

insure third party only

downplating

get rid of the missus

Quote “I’ve seen the signs about no HGV’s but then a 7.5 tonner isn’t an HGV !!!”

Members of the general public think they are though :slight_smile:

north surrey haulage:
Ways to cut costs

Dont pay yourself a wage

insure third party only

downplating

get rid of the missus

Wage?? :confused:
Whats a wage?? :confused: :confused:

Is it really worth the risk insuring third party?
My motors are insure full comp - expensive, but worth the piece of mind, especially with employed drivers.
You can only downplate if you’re sure you’re not gonna be running at a certain weight, but this may limit your options in the future if you need to swap work contracts quickly.
Get rid of the missus - never see her anyway. If you do, you’re not working hard enough. Also you need someone to do all the admin and paperwork at home while you’re slogging your guts out on the motorway.

ianyng:

north surrey haulage:
Ways to cut costs

Dont pay yourself a wage

insure third party only

downplating

get rid of the missus

Wage?? :confused:
Whats a wage?? :confused: :confused:

Is it really worth the risk insuring third party?
My motors are insure full comp - expensive, but worth the piece of mind, especially with employed drivers.
You can only downplate if you’re sure you’re not gonna be running at a certain weight, but this may limit your options in the future if you need to swap work contracts quickly.
Get rid of the missus - never see her anyway. If you do, you’re not working hard enough. Also you need someone to do all the admin and paperwork at home while you’re slogging your guts out on the motorway.

He asked for ways to cut costs

I never said any of them were good ideas :laughing:

Yep its 5p per litre!!!Can save a few quid if you can get yer truck under the canopy. Also if you have a reward card you 'll get cash vouchers back and further money back if you use a credit card with cashback!

These are only suggestions guys!

if thats the case it’ll be well worth looking into,
lets see 5p per litre, 1500 litres a week = £75 x 50 = £3,750 :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
for that sort of money i don’t care who i upset!

It would take an age to fill up cos they are all low pressure pumps arent they??

SMUDGER:
It would take an age to fill up cos they are all low pressure pumps arent they??

Don’t they also cut out at 100 litres.

mrpj:

SMUDGER:

Don’t they also cut out at 100 litres.

You would be there all day then if you have long range tanks!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

There is also a limit on the amount of fuel you can have the money off. I think it is about 60 Litres or something, because modern cars don’t have big tanks anymore.

60 litres = £54 but you have to spend over fifty quid to get the offer!