f2000 help

ive got a problem with my man f2000, It drives normal then I just loose the accelerator for no reason with no warning then comes back in like nothings happened after its ground me nearly to a halt .its been plugged in at man and been diagnosed as throttle sender switch which has been changed 3 times now and has been calibrated with no effect . the loom has been taken out and checked with no breaks found ,the filters are clear it doesn’t cough splutter smoke or stall it happens at any speed hot or cold loaded empty or stationary.its not the exhaust break as that been sorted. auto electrician reckons pump ecu but man disagree as the diagnostics would of found it man say all the faults point to the throttle .am at a total loss with it now and its getting worse has anyone any ideas praying its not the pump ecu as there £4500

When it looses accelerator power can you accelerate with the cruise control still?. It sounds electrical I had a similar problem with the one I used to drive but we thought it was more to do with the exhaust brake sticking(heel button on the floor if its the same), we disconnected it and all was ok after.

the last F2000 i drove didnt have an electronic controlled throttle, i know this as the throttle cable snapped going up the A9 near schloct summit with a 50 ton weighbridge on the back :open_mouth: the plus side was it was a 20 minute job to fix :smiley:

its not the exhaust brake as that has all been taken out butterfly valve was seized and there no use what so ever when there working so out it came I first thought it was that as that’s exactly whats happening as if its coming on changed the brake light switch today but that hasn’t done anything think theres a brake pedal position switch aswell going to try that see if that does anything

You say the exhaust brake system has been taken out, is the button on the floor still there? If it is, is it still wired up?

On a Volvo FL7, I had the exhaust brake come on intermittently cutting the throttle control, was a wire chafed through shorting out

button has been disconnected everything else has been removed

Unplug the cab to chassis connectors behind the grille on the o/s. You may find some green corrosion or discolouration on the pins. The engine / EDC plug can cause all sorts of strange faults and not put the engine warning light on. Clean the plugs with WD40 and a stiff brush and wash off with brake clean and spray with contact cleaner. We regularly get faults with L2000, M2000 with the same sorts of faults on EDC and ABS. It’s always worth a look before replacing injection pumps due to internal faults that turn out to be corroded plugs. :wink:

Try testing the brake pedal switch

poleman:
Unplug the cab to chassis connectors behind the grille on the o/s. You may find some green corrosion or discolouration on the pins. The engine / EDC plug can cause all sorts of strange faults and not put the engine warning light on. Clean the plugs with WD40 and a stiff brush and wash off with brake clean and spray with contact cleaner. We regularly get faults with L2000, M2000 with the same sorts of faults on EDC and ABS. It’s always worth a look before replacing injection pumps due to internal faults that turn out to be corroded plugs. :wink:

Sorry, until I read this I had completely forgotten about the grief an M2000 caused about 10 years ago. This wouldn’t rev up or sometimes even start, and smoked so badly that you couldn’t even see the vehicle after a couple of minutes. This turned out to be the multi-pin connectors above the pedals at fault. No corrosion, nothing immediately obvious, but two or three individual pins weren’t making proper contact. Had to renew several pins.

got yet another bill for it today had it plugged in had a diagnostics done on it ,computer says its the pump an old bosch h type pump but no one will say whether its the pump or the pump ecu. there sold seperatly at stupid money for both and stupid money if I change the wrong one first ,to put a spanner in the works I rung feather diesel who said its not the pump going of what I said the its doing .talk about lost with what to do !.ive made loads of phone calls and got no where with it gutted.

Take it to feathers n pay them to fix it

as I said feathers told me ,all be it over the phone speaking to one of there techs its not the pump I would be wasting my time and money .more than welcome to either take the truck up or take the pump off and take it to them but chances are going off the symptoms I would still have the fault .would you take it to them

Mite be time to put the old girl out to pasture n get summat a bit newer but there cant be many f2000 left on the road

I hope not if I have to spend some money on it I will but how can you when no one with all the so called tech stuff say what it is.would work out about 5 k ish if they change the wrong part.your right getting very rare now other than the cab needs a paint its solid and this is the catch ,better than what I would be able to afford to replace it with

In your 1st post you say it does it when stationary, have you tried setting the revs up a bit on the pedal then moving the wiring loom.

yes shaking loom rocking cab kicking the tyres and throwing my dummy at it

Another thing to try, take the stand pipe out of the fuel tank and blow compressed air back down the fuel pipe from the lift pump.

there are a few suggestions from mechanics I no that been one of them gearbox speed sensor/sender been another all of which am going to try the more the merrier but all these wouldn’t or shouldn’t throw up the faults the electricians found

Throttle position sensor?

man diagnosed and said that’s the fault changed it twice just to make sure and nothing still got the fault man don’t agree with auto electrician as they say there equipment would of picked up the fuel ecu fault both still charged me though