Insurance costs

Had to put 44t artic on road last August, good old Norwich Union Quoted £7400 fully comp, C.I.S. wanted £41,000 fully comp, dont think they wanted my business allthough they insure 11 of my vehicles.

Hi blackie and welcome to TruckNetUK,

I am with Norwich Union as well.

cheers
STEVE.

Just asked C.I.S. to quote me for fleet insurance, confused, they want nearly the same money for my fleet as they take now for each truck insured seperately, cant see any advantage.

:question: Thought this might make an interesting topic if you owner drivers & small hauliers are prepared to bare all (did that calender get done??) & tell us what you pay■■?

Don’t forget to tell us what vehicle it is from 7.5 tonne upto 44.
If it includes “detached trailer”. (do you know?)
Goods in Transit
UK only? European? Italy?

Owner only driver? Named drivers? Any driver over 25?

From memory, think my old Scania 112 was £3500 fully comp inc. RAC cover back in 99. (In other words more than the value of the unit!!) and about £500 GIT (there was a per tonne limit on this & it was under RHA conditions)

Insurance for Europe including Italy and several Eastern block countries on a 1 year old FH12 Globetrotter XL just over £5000 for the year, doesn’t include detached trailer.

GIT and CMR for all the same countries £800.

My insurance renewal documents dropped through the letter box this morning and I got a very nice surprise. My GIT and CMR insurance has remained the same as last year and my truck insurance has gone DOWN by £772.30. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Wasn’t expecting that.

Coffee,
At Last some good news on the owner driver board!!! :laughing:

Why does nobody ask an easy question ■■? :slight_smile:

My insurance is worked into a fleet deal and so saves me quite a lot of money.

We do not have GIT insurance the average cost of a load of concrete is about three hundred and fifty quid

Truck insurance policy reads something like RMC and all associated companies and all independant haulage contractors.

This way all of the o/d’s on for readymix benefit from the reduction in costs.

My premium last year was 2,300 fully comp with any employed driver covered, I could have got a further reduction of 500 quid if I had opted for cover to carry only RMC materials.

The best quote I could get independantly was 4,400 :frowning:

cheers
STEVE.

Just received my renewel quote for next year.
Truck insurance: £3959.09
Trucklaw legal expenses £31.50
GIT £787.50
PUBLIC Liability £498.75
and this is with max. discount. :unamused:

Hi all
Renewal premium £2077.14
Plus tax £103.00
G.I.T £642.00
6yrs no claim
£500 excess, trailer insured for 15,000 max
Brokersure.co.uk
I have been with these for 6yrs and have found that no one else could touch them.
Hope this saves someone a few bob :laughing:

Forgot to mention, this is for 44t and Vehicle value of £17000 :laughing:

Hello Fenman and welcome to TruckNetUK

cheers
STEVE.

Thanks Steve.
Funny old job aint it, I’ve got so that I can’t wait to get out of the cab at night, but then the first thing I do when I get on the PC is browse the trucknet forums.
It is in your blood this job. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Ah this is a well known medical problem commonly known as a TruckNetaholic!!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

It has been well documented and after several sessions of online therapy some members were prepared to bare thier souls and admit to this terrible affliction.

trucknetuk.com/bbsuk/Forum5/HTML/000331.html

cheers
STEVE.