Problems with my o'center,advice please

not as far as i know, in rotherham theres truswells who i work for, able and davis, deepcar are based at stocksbridge along with thorpes who all have wagons and trailers permenently based in the works but as far as i know they all have their own yards as well so i assume their o’license is at those yards, officially.
the trouble with the whole system is, it’s all set up for the big operator with no leeway for the owner driver, i.e i run one wagon, a rigid, (although i have an allocation for a unit and trailer) so why do i need an operating center with off street parking and maintanence facilities? especially when i could legally run that wagon down the road with a paid driver and never return to that center except for maintainence!
i now park in the works which has been a far better setup work wise and just let the garage do my six weekers although i’m still paying twenty quid a week for parking there, so i haven’t gained any thing finacially but it means i’m in the driving seat as far as running the wagons concerned and have the opertunity to take the wagon elsewhere for any major work thats required.