English channel ferries

What would you prefer if there were a option
As a professional driver
a the short voyage 90 minutes
b 3-4 hours voyage where you can rest and have a good free meal.
to all who answer us directly we give a free ticket
yasmin ferries ltd

personally, i think it all depends on where the final destination is, if i was going to Paris, then a short hop of an hour or so, but, if i was going to Spain (Via France) then i would prefer a longer crossing where you can get a decent sleep, with the cabin provided of course :wink:

So what ferry services do you run ernst, I had a scout round and there is mention of you planning a service between Genoa and Tunis with Yasmin Ferries and you also are linked with a firm called Sunlinkferries with both companies being registered in denmark.

Just wondering what your interest is in the channel market.

As has already been stated, it depends where you are sailing from and to as that would dictate the length of time of crossing. I would suggest that if you are planning on setting up a ferry route that is more than two hours duration then you should look at providing a cabin with shower facilities PER DRIVER!!!

Given a choice, I would personally drive the extra hours to Calais and opt for a short crossing rather than take the longer crossing but have to share a cabin even if I would only be sharing for 2-3 hours.

a lot would depend on the size of the ferry as all of the previous freight ferries that allowed hazardous have stopped running, but these were limited by the amount of passengers carried. various companies are always searching for ways to get haz to or from the continent. Poole / Cherbourg very limited amount and possible withdrawal of the truck service altogether or Harwich / Cuxhaven. not luxury or always on time but clean and tidy accommodation.

eiamunk:
As a professional driver
yasmin ferries ltd

In my experience the short crossing of 90 minutes doesn’t even exist and hasn’t done since the 80’s when P&O advertised Dover to Calais in 75 minutes. Ferry Good.

The free meal doesn’t exist either so I would probably opt for a quick crossing on the tunnel unless I was overheight or carrying ADR

Wheel Nut:

eiamunk:
As a professional driver
yasmin ferries ltd

In my experience the short crossing of 90 minutes doesn’t even exist and hasn’t done since the 80’s when P&O advertised Dover to Calais in 75 minutes. Ferry Good.

The free meal doesn’t exist either so I would probably opt for a quick crossing on the tunnel unless I was overheight or carrying ADR

DFDS have managed to turn Dover - Calais into 90mins plus.
They also give you a free main course which while the thought is there, you still feel massively ripped off. It does taste as bad as it looks.

Cross channel I want to get across ASAP really. And that’s not just the crossing side, but the waiting time. The other big thing is reliability of the service.

90 min crossing is better for me as 3 - 4 hrs is too long to sit around and not long enough to sleep. Are you thinking about starting Ramsgate - ostend crossing again?

grahamrfd:
90 min crossing is better for me as 3 - 4 hrs is too long to sit around and not long enough to sleep. Are you thinking about starting Ramsgate - ostend crossing again?

yes I am and want to know what is most helpfull to the professionel .
We have talked about making a longer night departure

glen958:
So what ferry services do you run ernst, I had a scout round and there is mention of you planning a service between Genoa and Tunis with Yasmin Ferries and you also are linked with a firm called Sunlinkferries with both companies being registered in denmark.

Just wondering what your interest is in the channel market.

I want to re open ramsgate- ostende again if possible, TEF were faster than me when sally closed else I have taken it.
I have sunlink ferries ltd and Yasmin ferries ltd registerated in UK
sunlink ferries is not registered in denmark any more but my new yasmina ferries were registered as a personal company in denmark a few days ago

Some of the ships we have being offered can only take drivers, so there we can concentrate of givng you all a good voyage ramsgate - ostende

eiamunk:
Some of the ships we have being offered can only take drivers, so there we can concentrate of givng you all a good voyage ramsgate - ostende

Well ostende Spirit is layed up in tilbury so why not charter her

Came off the Cotentin Cherbourg-Poole this morning and for those that haven’t used this boat,all very nice,cabin to yourself but…left Cherbourg 10 last night
arrived Poole 60miles away at 0920 this morning seems this is the schedule Friday night, Changed day’s.

glen958:

eiamunk:

They have refused to talk with us, as far as I can find out from the day they decided to sell it to demolition. I am not sure what the problem there is regarding the ship now, since she still have not gone. We would like to buy/charter her

glen958:

eiamunk:

Pride Of Calais has reportedly been sold to a Turkish breaker, Gardenia has just been auctioned off for 3/4 million as well.

Don’t suppose you’ve bought her have you? If you tell us which vessels you’re currently thinking of putting on that route, we’ll tell you what we’d like to see in them…

We have being in contact with the breaker, he is not permitted to sell it to trading,that P&O have demanded. There are some debt from the TEF time which is not solved therefore it is still in tilbury

eiamunk:

glen958:

eiamunk:

They have refused to talk with us, as far as I can find out from the day they decided to sell it to demolition. I am not sure what the problem there is regarding the ship now, since she still have not gone. We would like to buy/charter her

Given the Gardenia was purchased at auction for the starting bid by TEF’s main creditor, I’d guess they’d be happy to offer the old tub to a new start operator at a bargain basement price.
Not only are they out of pocket for several million Euros of bunker fuel supplied to TEF, they’ve also got an old freighter racking up berthing fees they’ll be wanting to get rid of…

Hi
Yes gardenia I maybe can buy but it depends on if a new auction is needed, that we only know on monday

Derf:
Given the Gardenia was purchased at auction for the starting bid by TEF’s main creditor, I’d guess they’d be happy to offer the old tub to a new start operator at a bargain basement price.
Not only are they out of pocket for several million Euros of bunker fuel supplied to TEF, they’ve also got an old freighter racking up berthing fees they’ll be wanting to get rid of…

Hi
The last I have heard is that we will not get Gardenia a man from Libanon have submitted a offer how high it is I do not know, I am not interested to pay a lot more than the first offer price

eiamunk:
Hi
Yes gardenia I maybe can buy but it depends on if a new auction is needed, that we only know on monday

Derf: