Gear oil prices

Motus Daf 75 80 synthetic gear oil is £180 for 20L ,Hgv Direct is £103 for 20L ,JC Commercial £49 for 20L the oil is Aztec oils Bolsover , what’s the difference other than the obvious price ?

I’ve used it no problems make sure it’s definitely synthetic as I think they will do 75 80 in mineral as well.

To be honest manual gearboxes are much less fussy with oil than autos or engines.

Yes it manual :smiley: ,oil is Gl5 .

when I looked at the Mercedes oil lists (which is endless) I noticed some synthetic oils should not be used in boxes with any brass or bronze parts, the oil manufacturers recommendations not Mercedes, just a bit of possible good info for the older trucks.

hotel magnum:
when I looked at the Mercedes oil lists (which is endless) I noticed some synthetic oils should not be used in boxes with any brass or bronze parts, the oil manufacturers recommendations not Mercedes, just a bit of possible good info for the older trucks.

Thank you that’s interesting.

If the Daf/manufacturer recommended is a gl5 oil then the gearbox shouldn’t have any copper or copper containing alloys in it.

I used to put mineral GL4 in the ZF 16s 221 manual box

Dan,
Miller’s oils at Brighouse have a helpful technical dept. I used their oils for many years and never had an issue.

If it meets the spec you need, and they have a spec sheet that they will supply stating that, I cannot see a problem.

There is a gearbox I’d not rule out fitting and it doesn’t take synthetic oil and I have a spare one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
There is a gearbox I’d not rule out fitting and it doesn’t take synthetic oil and I have a spare one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now would you thinking of fitting an extra pedal, to confuse people, . Only problem, if you keep sending it down that London 2 pedals are better than 3…

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:

Now would you thinking of fitting an extra pedal, to confuse people, . Only problem, if you keep sending it down that London 2 pedals are better than 3…

On the contrary ,it’s got 3 pedals already :open_mouth: :smiley: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:

On the contrary ,it’s got 3 pedals already :open_mouth: :smiley: :wink:

That’s me out then, two pedals is sufficient… :smiley: