Getting on the Chep work

chipliner:
That’s the problem with working on a low mileage rate , you want to be getting moving to maximise your earnings , and who wouldn’t , but yes it can get stressful if your next reload is booked at a certain time and you start to realise you won’t make it then you look for someone to blame , forkie, management warehouse anybody , so they get it in the neck for something that may or may not be their fault , I’m not knocking you in any way as we all have taken on reloads that we wish we never seen .
But let’s face it as an owner operator unless your very lucky and gets a terrific contract that pays both ways we rely on reloads at times from the likes of Barron wood.
Some does the job others a waste of time , depends on how busy you are . And how far away you run to reload .
If there is one thing I learned when I went into business is how patient and diplomatic I can be when I have too , whether I’m working with customers or my own drivers ,
Sometimes it’s better to loose an hour than a load or a customer.

i always tell my lads that they may be drivers, but they have a second job as a diplomat!