Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi my driver Terry’s uncle Maurice Moody brought in this pic yesterday of a Leyland he drove for Reema of North Baddesley

Hi Pat how’s the hip ? Hope all is ok, I spoke to Winky last night first time for about 26-7 years was good to talk to him just the same ain’t changed we had a good old yak ! He’s gonna get on here soon and he said that he’s got loads of pics going right back !! Should be interesting ! What a character !!! :smiley:

Regards Jimski

Jimski:
Hi Pat how’s the hip ? Hope all is ok, I spoke to Winky last night first time for about 26-7 years was good to talk to him just the same ain’t changed we had a good old yak ! He’s gonna get on here soon and he said that he’s got loads of pics going right back !! Should be interesting ! What a character !!! :smiley:

Regards Jimski

Hi Jim

The new hip is doing very well, no sticks now! I saw the Surgeon yesterday and still have to take it steady for a couple of months as there is still a possible risk of a fracture! Apart from that fine but no golf till at least the New Year! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

ainacs:

Jimski:

Regards Jimski

Hi Jim

The new hip is doing very well, no sticks now! I saw the Surgeon yesterday and still have to take it steady for a couple of months as there is still a possible risk of a fracture! Apart from that fine but no golf till at least the New Year! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Does that mean regular Thursday club then Pat? :laughing: Might pop in if I’m over on the right day! Take it easy Guv’, make sure you get it right. :sunglasses:

BigG-Unit:

ainacs:

Jimski:

Regards Jimski

Hi Jim

Does that mean regular Thursday club then Pat? :laughing: Might pop in if I’m over on the right day! Take it easy Guv’, make sure you get it right. :sunglasses:

Yes Thursdays have resumed although tomorrow may be a no no as my daughter arrives here from Dublin tonight and both of them are off to climb Kilimanjaro for charity flying from Heathrow tomorrow evening, and I think we are having a meal with them tomorrow afternoon.

I will post later to let you all know!

Sorry but Thursday claub will be shut tomorrow I have a blood test at 11.40 and going for meal at 1.00pm

Hi all, Hi Pat glad alls going ok, just have to open two days next week Pat :smiley: I’m away in Norwich tomorrow myself so may see ya next Thursday, regards to the girls Pat hope they have fun climbing that big hill !! :sunglasses: :unamused:

Regards Jimski

Another of Maurice Moody’s pics the man himself in front of one of his Scanias

I dare say you willall know whose this was!

Mark compton who used to subby for STS and Rawlings amongst many others!

Seen at Stourpaine,this Esteppe cabbed 142 basks in the sunshine.

Hi Pat

That picture of Maurice with the Red Scania was that the one he smashed up, up near Banbury somewhere

Rob

ainacs:

robthedog:
Hi Pat

That picture of Maurice with the Red Scania was that the one he smashed up, up near Banbury somewhere

Rob

ainacs:

Yes I think so he rolled it with a Macpac container on loaded with Massey Ferguson axles.

Regards Pat

Found these photos the other day,all from 1980

Porto next to the green hut (caninias Verde’s)

The others are all at km 124.9 on the N1 between Burgos and Mqadrid,near Fernandos

Hi all can you tell who’s it is yet :laughing: :laughing:

Blimey Shady what happend there ■■?
Regards Jimski

shady:
Found these photos the other day,all from 1980

Porto next to the green hut (caninias Verde’s)
The others are all at km 124.9 on the N1 between Burgos and Mqadrid,near Fernandos

Christ Steve, I remember when you drove that and looked that young !!

Gazzer…here,s Johns photo you put on

and here,s one Paul Nichols took of me in the same place…Johns camera was obviously better than mine

Shady…always thought you were a cowboy, all thats missing is a stetson and gunbelt.

Jimski…looking good mate, dont forget the snow chains

Hi Tony snow chains you told me you never needed em !! :laughing: yeah coming on now Tony :sunglasses: did you see the persian Rug in the email??
Regards Jimski

Just looked at e-mails Jim…brilliant mate…talk about attention to detail.

Only time i ever used snow chains in 20 odd years of doing Euro was when i drove an F88
for Bill Robinson ( anyone remember him ? ) in the late 70,s…I had been stuck in Aosta
for 5 days cos the road to the Blanc was closed to lorries due to heavier than usual snowfall.
Had to put on chains to get out of Aosta and kept them on until i eventually reached the tunnel.
Happy days. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Tone only once is only once now if you had a Scania… I know what your gonna say :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:
Yeah happy days for sure !!!

R Jimski

Jimski; Slight differance of opinion with a garden shed Pegaso coming tother way… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Tir Tone; That culd have hurt if it wernt near true… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

mappo:
Just looked at e-mails Jim…brilliant mate…talk about attention to detail.

Only time i ever used snow chains in 20 odd years of doing Euro was when i drove an F88
for Bill Robinson ( anyone remember him ? ) in the late 70,s…I had been stuck in Aosta
for 5 days cos the road to the Blanc was closed to lorries due to heavier than usual snowfall.
Had to put on chains to get out of Aosta and kept them on until i eventually reached the tunnel.
Happy days. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Tony

Yes I remember Bill and of course his stepson ‘The Highwayman’