Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Hi all what a milestone this is, this Volvo F89 has recently past its 40th successive MOT at MC Truck & Bus formerly Princes Commercials. Must be nice for Richard and Angie who I believe ran this motor in there fleet and think it was new to PALL Europe in Portsmouth but I may be wrong. Back in the day that model was a force to be reckoned with on the road and we owned several over the years Buzzer

Hi John,

Great photo,Paul Bowring phoned yesterday and asked if I’d seen the Daily Echo as it was featured in Tuesday’s copy. It was Aerosol Research and Development (ARD) in Fitzherbert Rd Portsmouth I bought it from when they replaced it with a new F12,it was in pristine condition even had the plastic on the cab interior,I gave £1500 for it,and ran it for several years Ian Rycroft R.I.P kept pestering me to sell it to him,which I did and he put it into Princes and they put a new cab on it,and Ian sent it to Bosnia to work out there.I think it was one of the last 12 to be built as I think Eurohaul had EAA 456S whch was an F10.

You and Horry will know where this pic is taken !

Regards
Richard

Scan16_zps6348e4a0.jpeg