E.F.Phillips & sons

:smiley: Does anyone know any drivers who used to drive for E.F.Phillips and sons (Parkstone and Southampton)

geoff luther:
:smiley: Does anyone know any drivers who used to drive for E.F.Phillips and sons (Parkstone and Southampton)

Ennis Stratton was one I remember,cheers Buzzer.

:slight_smile:

Buzzer:

geoff luther:

Ennis Stratton was one I remember,cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer has anybody heard of him lately?
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

chris sparkes aka sparky

Hi Geoff I don’t know if he is still around but for sure someone on TNUK will know,cheers Buzzer.
PS I used to pull a few Philips trailers when they were in SRF’S’s yard in belgrave road,always make sure trailer was sealed before leaving yard as inevetably some thing missing from load.

Great photos of them on this link

flickr.com/photos/56250549@N … 017406582/

Colin

slatey:
chris sparkes aka sparky

:slight_smile: Have you got any info as to where he is slatey?

Buzzer:
Hi Geoff I don’t know if he is still around but for sure someone on TNUK will know,cheers Buzzer.
PS I used to pull a few Philips trailers when they were in SRF’S’s yard in belgrave road,always make sure trailer was sealed before leaving yard as inevetably some thing missing from load.

:slight_smile: yes I know what you mean about the seals on trailers buzzer,it would be nice if someone comes up with some info on any of our old drivers.

geoff luther:

slatey:
chris sparkes aka sparky

hi geoff i do have info on chris if you pm me i will forward details to him

geoff luther:

slatey:
chris sparkes aka sparky

Hi Geoff,

Not a very good shot, Chris (leaning on rear wing)when he was driving for Tony Hilton (Back to the camera) on LTS work,taken in Le Havre the Volvo on it’s 1st trip but Princes had bolted the sliding 5th wheel in a fixed position :blush:
so Chris couldn’t move it !
Ran with him to Italy for several weeks great bloke to run with.

Regards
Richard

Sorry for the contradiction Richard,but Sparksey subbied to us driving Les Slaters motor and he could be one of the most self opinionated awkward people on the planet if he felt like it,cheers Buzzer.
PS.when you employ people to work for you one has to have a degree in man management to get the best from them don’t you agree Richard ?

Pete Monger, Dave Moxey, Les Parnell, Paddy Keoghan, Ennis Stratton, Pete Jonnick, to name but a few also wasn’t there a Maltese guy who drove a Volvo Roadtrain?

Regards Pat

Pretty sure Ennis is still about he came in to see me a few times last year!

A couple of Phillips trucks courtesy of John Lee

Les Parnell

Regards Pat

ainacs:
Pete Monger, Dave Moxey, Les Parnell, Paddy Keoghan, Ennis Stratton, Pete Jonnick, to name but a few also wasn’t there a Maltese guy who drove a Volvo Roadtrain?

Regards Pat

:slight_smile: Yes Pat John Malia was his name.

ainacs:

Regards Pat

:slight_smile: Yes Pat John Malia was his name.

Buzzer:
Sorry for the contradiction Richard,but Sparksey subbied to us driving Les Slaters motor and he could be one of the most self opinionated awkward people on the planet if he felt like it,cheers Buzzer.
PS.when you employ people to work for you one has to have a degree in man management to get the best from them don’t you agree Richard ?

:slight_smile: Yes that sounds about right about sparky he could be an awkward so and so when he wanted to.

ainacs:

:slight_smile: John Lee that’s a blast frzom the past :slight_smile:

Les Parnell

Regards Pat

chris and nick the greek when we were at northam
john i do not what you mean when you suggest chris was a difficult
person to work with at times ?

ainacs:

Thanks for the pictures they really take me back to when I started European work.

Les Parnell

Regards Pat

MaggieD:

geoff luther:

slatey:
chris sparkes aka sparky

Thanks for the photo Richard,would like any news of Chris when you have some.
Hi Geoff,

Not a very good shot, Chris (leaning on rear wing)when he was driving for Tony Hilton (Back to the camera) on LTS work,taken in Le Havre the Volvo on it’s 1st trip but Princes had bolted the sliding 5th wheel in a fixed position :blush:
so Chris couldn’t move it !
Ran with him to Italy for several weeks great bloke to run with.

Regards
Richard