Aidley,s of urmston

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THIS FIRM OR IS THERE ANYBODY WHO USED TO WORK FOR THEM ON TNUK

i worked there if you look at flickr cheese 61 you’l see a few aidleys

HI BOB LAD LONG TIME NO SEE,THINK YOU KNOW ME MY DAD IS ALEC,USED TO HAVE HIS OWN LORRIES OVER 20 YEARS AGO GLAD SOMEBODY HAS REPLIED THIS FIRM SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN HOPEFULLY MORE PEOPLE MAY POST WE MIGHT EVEN GET SOME PICTURES ON HERE,I HAVE SOME BUT HAVE NOT WORKED OUT HOW TO PUT THEM ON YET

Put your photos on to photobucket then you can up load to here
Phil

hia rick i wondered who it was at first ive got a few pics here that photobuckets a pain i prefer flickr nice to hear from you mate

HI BOB,DROVE PAST THAT OLD YARD ON WESTBOURNE ROAD AT THE WEEKEND,MAKES YOU WONDER HOW THEY MANAGED TO RUN A HAULAGE BUSINESS FROM THAT LITTLE PLACE,ALSO RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A RESIDENTIAL AREA,BUT NOT LONG AFTER WE WORKED FOR THEM THEY MOVED TO MOSLEY ROAD T,PARK A LOT BIGGER PLACE,AND THEN OF COURSE MOVED TO THE OLD LAING NATIONAL WAREHOUSE AND YARD ON WESTBROOK ROAD T,PARK GOOD DAYS EH

happy days indeed rick hope your dads ok , i worked for jim for a bit with steve chap for radcliffe paper before returning to chris bennett ive got some pics of westbourne rd i took as a kid have you got any of priestners at all cheers mate

The motor on the left of the shot is one of a batch of ex Aidleys P cab Scanias we bought at Bewick Transport,they had been on Contract hire to Aidleys and were returned after a 2 or 3 years,I think there was about 5 or 6 in the batch IIRC some E reg some F reg they were all decent motors and came with full air kits and twin tanks.I’ll see if I can find anymore of them,this shot was taken in Nestles at Warrington,we must have been busy because the lad on the right is Danny Burke one of our Milnthorpe shunters and he has the day cabbed 112.The other driver is the great Eric Atkinson one of our long distance men,his motor was a 6x2 112 which he drove up until his retirement.

HI DENNIS WAS GOING TO ASK YOU ABOUT THE EX AIDLEY 113 SCANIAS,I HAD HEARD THAT SOME OF THEM ENDED UP AT YOUR PLACE,THEY WERE WELL LOOKED AFTER AT AIDLEYS AS I WAS A FITTER FOR THEM FROM LEAVING SCHOOL. IVE BEEN CONNECTED TO ROAD HAULAGE ALL MY LIFE AS MY FATHER USED TO RUN HIS OWN LORRIES OVER 30 YRS AGO,YOUR THREAD IS BRILLIANT AND YOUR A VERY INTERESTING MAN WOULD LOVE A CHAT, MAYBE AT ONE OF THE RALLIES IF YOU EVER GO,JUST LOOK OUT FOR THE SHELL.BP AEC MAMMOTH MAJOR

HI BOB THINK I MAY HAVE A COUPLE OF PRIESTNERS PICS BUT WILL HAVE TO DIG EM OUT,IVE GOT SOME PICS OF MY DADS ATKI BORDERER WHEN IT WAS FAIRLY NEW, THAT SAME ATKI IS ON BEWICKS ATKI THREAD BUT IT IS NOW A FAIRGROUND LORRY AND BEEN CONVERTED TO A SIX WHEELER DONT KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER IT,MY DAD BUILT THE SLEEPER CAB ON IT IN OUR DRVEWAY AT HOME QUITE A PRO JOB IT WAS TO,HE ALSO PUT A FULLER G/BOX IN IT AND THE EX MACK EXHAUST STACK IT DIDNT HALF SOUND WELL WITH THAT ■■■■■■■ ENGINE{RICK}

RICKYMAC:
HI DENNIS WAS GOING TO ASK YOU ABOUT THE EX AIDLEY 113 SCANIAS,I HAD HEARD THAT SOME OF THEM ENDED UP AT YOUR PLACE,THEY WERE WELL LOOKED AFTER AT AIDLEYS AS I WAS A FITTER FOR THEM FROM LEAVING SCHOOL. IVE BEEN CONNECTED TO ROAD HAULAGE ALL MY LIFE AS MY FATHER USED TO RUN HIS OWN LORRIES OVER 30 YRS AGO,YOUR THREAD IS BRILLIANT AND YOUR A VERY INTERESTING MAN WOULD LOVE A CHAT, MAYBE AT ONE OF THE RALLIES IF YOU EVER GO,JUST LOOK OUT FOR THE SHELL.BP AEC MAMMOTH MAJOR

Ah! finally caught up with you “Ricky”,I want a word with you about the air leak on reg no.--------------only joking !! Yes they were very well maintained,I could see they had come from a good home,which is why I snapped them up IIRC they worked out about half the price of new ones and I would have had more if I’d got the chance ! IIRC we sent 2 or 3 of them down to Dunstable where we had a number of motors based,one of them had the distinction of been night trunked by our one and only Lady driver,I’ll not tell you what her major failing was as it will have some of the “retrebates” on the site going to orbit,seriously !!! :blush: I’ll try and sort out a shot of her stood by one of the ex Aidley motors.Cheers Dennis.

hi dennis whats the easiest way of uploading pics on to the site,can u not load them on directly,i have a photo of e312 ynd when it was fresh out of the paint shop dont know if you bought that one or not,also their is a photo on here at your depot of a renault r series demo would the driver in it be the late john snape by any chance i think he may of worked for you at some time the flat cap is the give away,he worked for a firm near macclsefield where i was also a fitter for a long time[rick]

RICKYMAC:
hi dennis whats the easiest way of uploading pics on to the site,can u not load them on directly,i have a photo of e312 ynd when it was fresh out of the paint shop dont know if you bought that one or not,also their is a photo on here at your depot of a renault r series demo would the driver in it be the late john snape by any chance i think he may of worked for you at some time the flat cap is the give away,he worked for a firm near macclsefield where i was also a fitter for a long time[rick]

Here you are Rick,a shot of the young lady in question stood by that very motor !! If you open an account on Photobucket,for free,then put your photos onto there then you can up-load those shots onto this sight,hope it makes sense although there are some more knowledgable lads on here than me ! Don’t recall a John Snape working for me at Bewick Transport,it might have been for WRM which was after my time.Cheers Dennis.

dont they look well both neatly presented i will try and up load some pics over the weekend nice talking to you dennis[rick]

RICKYMAC:

Hi RICKYMAC,
Below post reply box, click upload attachment this takes you to your photos on your
computer, select the photo you want to upload, then click open wait a couple of seconds then click add file wait
a couple of seconds, then click Submit/Preview and away you go. Hope this helps.

ive got a few of them motors when new dave hall and jack chapman had 2 i’l sort them out , i found an old aec of jj makin dennis do you want me to send ot you

HI BOB MY DADS OK HE,S STILL DOING A BIT HES 73 IN JUNE BUT STILL KEEPING HIS HAND IN,I WAS TALKING TO HIM LAST NIGHT HE WAS ASKING IF YOU STILL WERE ON FOR R.W. HE.S KEEPING HIS EYE OUT FOR YOU ON THE ROAD HE DOES A BIT FOR A SUBSIDIARY OF AIR PRODUCTS CALLED APEX GAS,GREEN AND WHITE MERC ARTICS WITH A BIG PUMP ON A TRAILER,HE HAS SOME OLD PICTURES FROM HIS DAYS AT ROWLEYS IN SALE SO WILL START A NEW BLOG WHEN I GET THE PICS HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE SOME GUYS STILL ALIVE THAT MAYBE USED TO WORK THERE {RICK}

bob-lad:
ive got a few of them motors when new dave hall and jack chapman had 2 i’l sort them out , i found an old aec of jj makin dennis do you want me to send ot you

Yes,thanks for that Bob,should be an interesting shot !! Cheers Dennis.

can i email it you dennis i dont want to put it on here and get bollocked pm me ta

bob-lad:
can i email it you dennis i dont want to put it on here and get bollocked pm me ta

Done ! :wink: Dennis.