Scottish, Cumbrian & North East Timber Thread

Hello

I think its about time TNUK had a Timber thread for Northern Hauliers

We’ve got some large and small names in the Timber Haulage industry up this way and this thread is for all of them

So, whether its past or present infomation or photos, this is the place to share it!

Also, has anyone got any photos of Craigs of Denny’s Renault Premium timber lorries?

Enjoy the thread

Kindest regards
CG

Better get in here quick wie some Scottish stuff before I am overrun wie these ■■■■■■■■ lads eh. Eddie.

Right- Ho , ■■■■■■■■ Gill, heres one for starters` for your new venture .

I can not remember exactly the location of this Truck Show , but it was in the Carlisle area.
I know no other details about the Foden`s owner , other than what is on the cab door.

Taken , maybe 10, 12 , or more years ago ,… when C.G. was just starting School. :slight_smile:

Good Luck , ■■■■■■■■ Gill.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

cattle wagon man:
Right- Ho , ■■■■■■■■ Gill, heres one for starters` for your new venture .

I can not remember exactly the location of this Truck Show , but it was in the Carlisle area.
I know no other details about the Foden`s owner , other than what is on the cab door.

Taken , maybe 10, 12 , or more years ago ,… when C.G. was just starting School. :slight_smile:

Good Luck , ■■■■■■■■ Gill.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Hello CWM

Thankyou for that excelent photo marra.

Thankyou also for your supportive comments about the new thread. They are very welcome

Kindest regards
CG

erfguy:
Better get in here quick wie some Scottish stuff before I am overrun wie these ■■■■■■■■ lads eh. Eddie.

Hello erfguy

Excelent photos marra.
That Foden Alpha looks like it is an ex Jos Millican of Longtown. Nice to see some Foden Alpha tractor units still going

Do you have any of John Millers new Actros Giga Space?

Kindest regards
CG

Hello

Heres a couple of Scottish ones from my own collection

Kindest regards
CG

Hi ■■■■■■■■ gill
One or two from the North.
Oily

Hi Cattlewagon man A Woods was based in Keir village nr. Thornhill it was a third generation family buisness had been in timber running one motor for maybe thirty years previous to that they were a fairly big in livestock transport running maybe 6-8 motors.Eddie.

oiltreader:
Hi ■■■■■■■■ gill
One or two from the North.
Oily

Hello oiltreader

Excelent photos marra. Thankyou for them

Have Grants still got that Hino 700 series? I remember seening it at Igguisund at Workington not long after it entered service

Kindest regards
CG

Hello

Heres a few ■■■■■■■■ timber companies

Kindest regards
CG

A few more timber men,some green some blue some old some new!!!. Eddie.

ADAM WILSON 1.jpg

A ■■■■■■■■ timber wagon,seen on the A5 near Shrewsbury.

Now then “CG” you font of all things ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ around Waverton eh!,I don’t see any shots of J.W.Graham’s motors from Bass Lake,with the possible exception of Sheffields Grahams were hauling Pulp wood and Pit props out of the North Lakes area long before all these fancy motors appeared so shape yourself marra and get some decent shots from yesteryear on the thread ! Cheers Bewick. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

Can’t help much with older stuff but apart from one these were all taken last year.

Hey “CG”,have a look on “The ■■■■■■■■ Companies” thread,there’s some Real timber haulage going on there eh! Cheers Bewick. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink:

erfguy:
A few more timber men,some green some blue some old some new!!!. Eddie.

Excelent photos Eddie. Many thanks for them

Kindest regards
CG

Dave the Renegade:

A ■■■■■■■■ timber wagon,seen on the A5 near Shrewsbury.

Excelent photo Dave, many thanks for that

Kindest regards
CG

truckfing:
Can’t help much with older stuff but apart from one these were all taken last year.

Excelent photos truckfing

Often seen Annandale trucks down here. Often in convoys of two
PX07 BXG also is an ex Stobart Scania R

Kindest regards
CG

Bewick:
Hey “CG”,have a look on “The ■■■■■■■■ Companies” thread,there’s some Real timber haulage going on there eh! Cheers Bewick. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink:

Hello Bewick

I’ve seen them marra. I must agree its proper Timber Haulage but I think VOSA would have a fit if they saw that now band cross loading!!

Kindest regards
CG

Hello

Heres another photo taken at Carlisle Truck Show in April 2012

Kindest regards
CG