You cant beat a Lada...i did

Going across Hungary i was running a bit late due to sitting at the border for 12 hours…anyway i wanted to make the windmill truck stop at a reasonable time…so i got onto the motorway and started gunning it…i was doing about 60mph and noticed in my mirror a lada police car…blue light flashing…iot seemed that whenever they saw the gb sign it flashed pound signs across their eyes…or deutch marks…i was gonna get nicked anyway…so i went for it…and as we were approaching a downward hill…my speed increased so i was doing almost 70mph…then my steam ran out as i started to climb up the other side…this little old lada drew alongside and the passenger was laughing his head off…to think his car had been beaten by a truck…he waved me over as we neared the brow of the hill…i shook my finger at him as i started to gather speed once again…and laughed at him as i waved goodbye…he too was still laughing…i lifted my rear end and whacked it …like a jockey on a horse would to make it go faster…i left him in a cloud of exhaust soot…as i used my exhaust brake to clear the pipes…however a hill loomed closer and i started to lose momentum…up came the lada…once again…and this time i spotted a services sign…and indicated that i was stopping…he followed me into the parking bay and came over…tacho mister…and he was still laughing his head off as he asked…i gave it to him…souvenir he said…so i let him keep the tacho showing my speed at 70 +mph…i didnt have to pay but i gave him a packet of my english cigarettes instead…he thanked me…and went on his way…i went to the services for a coffee…

The next story brings me to Bucharest…i stopped at a friends house…where we had a meal…some drink…and then decided to go out for the night…however i had to park the truck first…this parking was outside a factory and there was a little layby…so my friend Ludi…a romanian.decided to come with me…just a couple of hundred metres from his house was a police check point…and they were pulling over motorists…as i approached they flagged me down…i ignored them…so they gave chase…the parking area was next to a main road…4 lanes wide…and i had to reverse in…so as i pulled across the road …ready to do my reverse manoeuvre…the policeman had caught up…and banging on my door…told me to get out…now i was completely blocking the road.so decided to park first…he wouldnt have it…and opened the door…so i got to his way of thinking…and got out…my friend ludi was terrified…and was worried about the contempt i had for authority…by this time the police car had moved to the front of the vehicle…and decided to breathalise me…so searching through the boot of the car…amongst all the other rubbish.found one of the old style breathalisers…so he took it out…gave it a quick look and fitted a tube and asked me to blow…which i did…the air started to escape from the seam of the bag…i laughed…so he searched for another one…and found one…then sticking a new tube in this bag…decided to try it out first…then offered it to me…the words i said to him cannot be repeated on this site…but nevertheless…he had no more bags.so asked me for 50 deutch marks instead…i declined and offered 20…he said 30…i said 10…and this he accepted…then holding up the traffic…which had been stationary for 20 minutes anyway…i reversed in…and we headed into town…just shows you the way foreign police treat drivers as against our own wonderful boys in blue…who would arrest you straight away…and want to take your licence off you for life…oh what wonderful days they were…but its all changed now…

Another great story truckyboy :smiley:

What do I write this time, wunderbar noch mal ausgezichnet Geschichte.
or-- wonderful yet again a excellent story, please keep them comeing.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wonder what motors they put in the Ladas over there? I once drove a Lada up in Canada, and the 1.6 l motor moved it along fairly well. Now, if it had been a Dacia, though…

Hey alex…i got into a taxi dacia once in Romania…i had to keep my feet apart because of the hole in the floor…you could follow the road through it… :laughing: :laughing:

great story are these days still the same■■?

truckyboy:
Hey alex…i got into a taxi dacia once in Romania…i had to keep my feet apart because of the hole in the floor…you could follow the road through it… :laughing: :laughing:

Surely that hole in the floor was so the passenger could assist the engine on steep uphills Trucky. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: