Scania 111 restoration

Hello, I wonder if you would know what the correct type of rear lights and brackets set up is for a 1980 Scania 111 ?. I am in the process of restoring a Scania 111 day cab and have been accumulating various parts new and old for it before it goes off to be stripped down and painted. I have been in contact with Scania GB who have the chassis and build card and they cant seem to have an answer.
I attach pictures of new lights as bought from Scania recently and these were checked with the chassis number and thought to be correct although they look like earlier 110 units.

The rear lights on this truck have been bolted on to the rear wings and there are no brackets to attach the lights as was originally on the truck. I would be grateful if someone could advise what were the correct brackets or bar set up to attach the rear lights to for the year and type.

Do you know where there are some brackets to buy? Or other parts? If so please contact me.

1115[1].jpg

light1[1].jpg

They look correct as they are the same style that where fitted to volvo tractor units (F86) in the mid to late seventies.

Regards

Spud

hi all im new to the site but think the rear light are correct for that year,but the brackets are not only know this because my dad had a 111 brand new in 1978 and it had the old style hella lights as in the picture below,his mate had a new 111 in 1979 and it came with the same rear lights as yours,the brackets were like a 2 x 1 box section with a sort of corrigated steel plate spot welded on like a downward flag,the nearside one had a scania motif on it

HAMMOND TRANSPORT:
Hello, I wonder if you would know what the correct type of rear lights and brackets set up is for a 1980 Scania 111 ?. I am in the process of restoring a Scania 111 day cab and have been accumulating various parts new and old for it before it goes off to be stripped down and painted. The truck has not got the rear light brackets for the back lights and the lights that are bolted to the wings dont look original. I have been in contact with Scania GB who have the chassis and build card and they cant seem to have an answer.

hallo hammond, The rearlights on the truck are the correct for a 1980 111,The other you bought are the typ of the 110 ( but some used on the first 111’s) and Volvo’s 86,88,89; The supports are a bit like a peace of sheet steel and a square tube on the top,if you are interested I can make a picture of such plates because I have dropped them of mine.Here most were dropped to mount white plates which was custom here in belgium. but lots depends from country to country an also, was it bought as a artic or was it bought as a naked chassis and then was build up at Scania.here most were buid up by Scania because of the price. But I can’t see it on the picture but bought ups and artics from factory have different shackles at the back because of the bending chassis to the end.
Here we had to build up lots of naked chassis end make everything by us self,mudguards,catwalk,lightplates and so on,even the brakes valve on the steeringwheel and all the pipes,so lots of work but now by restorating Scanny’s and Volvo’s I can use my experience very good. picture of our built up.

Cheers Eric,

Sorry to interrupt, but was there also a small strip, which used to hang down below the “outrigger” by about 200mm, and had a small round reflector (about 50mm diameter) on it? I nicked this 1968 brochure scan off the internet somewhere:

1968%20%20Scania%20LB110-LBS-110%20%20p07.jpg
Were these reflectors still fitted to 1980 models?

[zb]
anorak:
Sorry to interrupt, but was there also a small strip, which used to hang down below the “outrigger” by about 200mm, and had a small round reflector (about 50mm diameter) on it? I nicked this 1968 brochure scan off the internet somewhere:
Were these reflectors still fitted to 1980 models?

Hallo Anorak don’t say sorry we always learn,this is a brochure picture how they were delivered to the dealers so most were converted by the body building companies here. But in other countries they could have stayed so.

Cheers Eric,

Its the first set you bought there the correct ones the other Hella type were fitted to Volvos F86s and88s and all pre SK model Mercs
But the square type you bought are correct type

The right ones!

The reflectors depends on the duty of the country the truck was to delivered.
In Holland they were.

Most of the trucks were deliverd as shown at the photo from Anorak.
The dealer was very busy to complete the truck before the truck was getting licence plates.

My truck is not complete yet… the reflectors are required.
The way the lights are mounted, this is a self made solution.

Wim:
The right ones!

The reflectors depends on the duty of the country the truck was to delivered.
In Holland they were.

Most of the trucks were deliverd as shown at the photo from Anorak.
The dealer was very busy to complete the truck before the truck was getting licence plates.

My truck is not complete yet… the reflectors are required.
The way the lights are mounted, this is a self made solution.

Hallo Wim, nice Scania you have, but with a crane behind the cab,there insn’t much place left for long front overhang trailers.
The same with my L110 ‘38’ sleepercab.

Cheers Eric,

Hello, I’m currently restoring an LKT 111 in Australia.

What is the part number for the rectangle shaped marker lights that are located at the top corners on the cab above the windscreen?

I’m also chasing indicator lenses if anyone can help?

yes the lights on the 111 are correct. the other lights were earlier. the fog light should be square as well

Hi
Those you have are Volvo F86/88

I may have some square fog lights as long as you dont want them in a hurry my containers are long & dark

Cheers

Rich

In those days there wasn’t a standard rear light bracket , mudguard , run up ramps etc
Where I worked in 1980 the tractor units were delivered chassis cab with the rear lights on temporary brackets .
We manufactured all the components except the 5th wheel , guessing the work otherwise was done by local bodybuilders .
Now because of type approval it seems the lorries now come from the factory ready for the road just put the stickers on and away you go !