Selbys garage (woodhouse)

IMG_20130207_180930.JPG
IMG_20130207_180853.JPG
IMG_20130207_181816.JPG
IMG_20130207_181702.JPG:smiley: :smiley: Here’s a few photos of Selbys artics , I hope to post a few of the 8 wheelers soon.

IMG_20130207_181521.JPG

IMG_20130202_191435.JPG

IMG_20130202_191512.JPG

IMG_20130202_191612.JPG

Nice pics mate.

Always good to see pics of this smart fleet, please put some more up soon.

Cheers
Mark

nice fodens,still hard to believe they’ve finished :frowning:

I often overtake a Selby convoy on the M1 about 4am ish ,its nice to see drivers still run together,i think they are on channel 1.

Yes we’re on channel one and the 8 wheelers always like to run together. :smiley:

Do most of Selbys 8 legger Fodens end up running out of Buxton after Selbys have run them in?

When we were surfacing the newly constructed M40 near Shrewley in the late 1980’s for Tilcon there were a few of Selbys running black there from Redlands Mountsorrel Quarry. Mostly Fodens but I think that there may have been a MAN eight legger as well.

Pete.

Yes a couple of fodens did end up around the Buxton area but they were old E reg’s and F reg’s.

Steve Skinner from Biggin had one of your Alphas ,there mite still be a 4000 hi line with barn doors up Buxton i think its a bit newer than f reg though.

Dan Punchard:
Steve Skinner from Biggin had one of your Alphas ,there mite still be a 4000 hi line with barn doors up Buxton i think its a bit newer than f reg though.

That’ll be Tom Beswick Dan. He ran loads of old Foden’s but he’s only running two or three now due to him with all those white and blue wagons taking all of his work and everyone else’s too.

Not seen any 4000 hi lines for years be good to see it again though.

Selbys used to come in to GKN at sheepbribge with scrap borings when i was loading piston liners ,the weightbridge was old and artics had to drop the trailer each time.

Dan Punchard:
Selbys used to come in to GKN at sheepbribge with scrap borings when i was loading piston liners ,the weightbridge was old and artics had to drop the trailer each time.

Ha! Good old days remember that well ,tom the lab technician had to sample the load before we could tip ,that’s if we could find room on the tarmac.

005 (2).jpg

Breedy.

Some great pics on this thread. I remember them well and used to see them on a regular basis when I rode shot gun with my uncle from mountsorrel on Elliott’s. hope you have more pics to post :smiley:

Here’s the latest addition to the selby 8 wheeler fleet , a Iveco 13 litre 450 bulker , these photos were taken after its first week on the road but before it was washed so its a tad dirty!

great photos keep them coming,wots the renault running like?

gickniff:
Here’s the latest addition to the selby 8 wheeler fleet , a Iveco 13 litre 450 bulker , these photos were taken after its first week on the road but before it was washed so its a tad dirty!

That looks very nice.

longpod:
great photos keep them coming,wots the renault running like?

The Renault is going great guns ,Lee the driver loves it had a couple of problems with the adblue but the lads at Renault have seemed to sorted it out.

did lee have the 54 plate foden before? glad to see somebody else still running a few fodens.