Selbys garage (woodhouse)

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:
all the big tipper operators round here sold their fleets off and subbed-out the work.Redland and ECCQ used to about the best jobs going back in the day.

Hi carryfast just found this tonite I presume you drive for them if so is Pete Dorflor still on for them? I,m asking cos he were my best man and not been in touch with him for many a while. He left Tallis n Cresswell n I had his mount Mickey Mouse 8 wheeler n then followed him to Emmersons

bit of a late reply! but,no i didn’t work for Selby’s,i was on for Redland as a temp.,then Wesmores.i worked out of 'sorrel for 17 years or so.some great lads in there then :slight_smile: - can’t recall Pete…
the only Mickey Mouse in there in my time,was David Cooper’s,the Coal Merchant in the village.

Bit late!!■■ No problem thanks any way. I did a few loads out of there used a credit card type thing to load dry under the hoppers, no shovelling off. Had a few weeks tipping dust for Whitmore n Hickens. Into the quarry hole, up to the edge without even a brick end to stop you plunging to your death, H n S?

yes we used to do a lot of that when on day-work (working in the quarry all day).the shovel drivers liked us to get as far back to the edge as possible! :open_mouth: