Help finding Princes (Southampton) Recovery Volvo 88 1969..?

Hi, new to the forum,

Does any body of the Southampton area remember a 4 wheeled Volvo 88 approx 1969 (currently on Q plate but would like to return to original plate) that was used by Princes of Southampton as a breakdown truck…
My friend is currently in restoration of this veichle and would like to find out any information or pictures of this truck.

Cheers

sweep1012:
Hi, new to the forum,

Does any body of the Southampton area remember a 4 wheeled Volvo 88 approx 1969 (currently on Q plate but would like to return to original plate) that was used by Princes of Southampton as a breakdown truck…
My friend is currently in restoration of this veichle and would like to find out any information or pictures of this truck.

Cheers

Hi mate, Just come across your posting, try, long gone Southampton Hauliers thread and give Gazza a shout.
I was there 1975 to 1985 ish, Harvey

Think the truck could of been an ex Robert Armstrongs.I drove for them and emigrated to Aus in 1979.The last truck I drove a F12 became later a Princes recovery vehicle.

Conga:
Think the truck could of been an ex Robert Armstrongs.I drove for them and emigrated to Aus in 1979.The last truck I drove a F12 became later a Princes recovery vehicle.

Hi Conga, We would have crossed paths at Princes, for sure.
If my memory serves me right, we went from the old yellow AEC Matador to an Armstrongs unit, stretching it.
Then a 6x2 Armstrongs (old draw bar vehicle) and then to the F12.
I ran into John Cooper years ago and have been told by Gazza that he is still about, he would be the man to ask for sure.
Have a look at Paul Gees thread, about page 116 i’sh and you may see the old girl. Harvey

Page 114 Harvey

The 6x4 would have been one of Armstromgs F89 I reckon.I drove a F89 and the first Armstrongs F12 also a 6x4.

Maybe this one ?

There it is.

image.jpg

■■