German ministry

So there i was trundling back to the uk. having just spent a few hours in Geiselwind…a well known truckstop in germany…i was in my faithful ol 141 and she could go like a rocket. with no limiter and 9 ton on board i just wanted to take things a bit easy.till i noticed a german coach overtake me and all the passengers was looking at me like i was a piece of dirt…and being a left ■■■■■■ i could see the expressions on their faces…the wind off the trailer was holding them back as well…so i thought i would have some fun and keep them in the outside lane…so playing with the accelerator saw them going a bit in front…then getting a long way back…i could see the irate motorists behind him…flashing their lights in frustration…so this continued for a while till i decided to let him go…and waiting for the next unsuspecting driver in either a coach or truck…i played this game for a few hundred miles until i pulled in for my usual coffee and curry worst mit pomme frits…and continued on my merry way until i was about 50 miles from venlo…the border with holland…but as i drove along there was a police car puling out of the slip road…so being in a good mood i flashed him…he waved…but stayed in front…and after about 5 miles…put his rear window light on which said stop…good word that cos it means the same all over the world…so i stayed behind not knowing if i was being pulled onto the hard shoulder…but no!!..it was to be the next lay-by where the german ministry was…i noticed them as i pulled in and swung left onto the main parking area…there were 3 vans of the V.A.G. dont know what it means…brit pete will tell us…anyway i had a few faults…a very strong air leak…a dodgy tyre…a leaking belly tank…and a leaking fuel tank…these leaks could be cured alot of the time by rubbing a bar of soap along the edge of the leak and that would normally hold the leak back…the germans loved to see these leaks and go completely overboard and call the fire brigade to clean up the mess…then give you the bill…its funny really how most british trucks resembled something you would find in a scrap yard…and the drivers often had no money…me included…although we always had money for food anmd whatever…so anyway i sat there for a while looking in my mirrors…watching to see what was going on.the police car had long left.without telling the VAG boys, so i decided to get out on the pretence of cleaning the rear light lenses and looking further to make sure they hadnt noticed me…engine running to keep the air up…i continued cleaning the lenses and along the side of the trailer…the side markers…to them it may have seemed i was having a break…and then i decided to make a break for it…and eased her into gear…and gently pulled away…my old girl was a bit noisy as i had twin stacks up the back and noticed the ministry take a quick glance as i pulled away.i was a bit afraid as if they came after me it would be twice as bad. i gunned it to the border and thought to my self what a bunch of tossers…as i saw the police parked across the road whilst i parked on the dutch side and walked back to do my papers which was quite easy as the germans and the dutch shared the same building. it always reminded me of when i came back on a previous trip and was caught with excess diesel in the belly…i had to bond it…which meant that i had to seal the tank. (which i did in the open position) and then pay a tax on the diesel over the required amount (200 ltrs) and claim the money back at Venlo or whatever border i crossed…only this time the germans paid the dutch the bond money and told me i could only claim it in Zeebrugge…by P&O…now i never could understand why P&O would be involved in Customs payments but what the hell…so to teach them a lesson…i used the diesel in the belly across germany to get back…it was blue anyway so didnt make any difference…we only used red on the way out…and sure enough i was paid back my money in the ferry port on production of the bond document.so i had beaten the germans this time…but there was always the next trip when i had to run the gauntlet…

Nice one yet again,truckyboy, I do belive you meant B A G the offical

german equivalent of the VOSA : I realy did like your description of

how you used the fuel in your bellytank and received your money

back, and yes the germans are still hot about leaking fuel from

your tank, it happens regularly in the summer months when the

fueltank is full to the brim and with the heat from the sun the fuel

expands and leaks from the cap on the tank.

Great story truckyboy :smiley: .

these should have there own thread

truckys tales

another good read