Old Truck Accident Pics

Please follow the link for pictures of my Dads truck a little worse for wear.
flickr.com/photos/66188058@N … otostream/

1987 - behind the red tractor is the remains of JTU 513G an ERF cattle truck (Gardner 100 - 5 pot) - dunno what it hit but the fibreglass cab was well wrecked

That looks to me to be one of the first series of Bristol 8 wheelers, at the back of the lean to, in the photo above, yes ? Meanwhile, a picture of a happening somewhere in Derbyshire, mid 1950’s.

Hermit:
0That looks to me to be one of the first series of Bristol 8 wheelers, at the back of the lean to, in the photo above, yes ? Meanwhile, a picture of a happening somewhere in Derbyshire, mid 1950’s.

In the photo above is a Guy Vixen by the looks of it.
In you photo the Foden driver must have had a bad head if he was in it when it stopped here.
Regards crowbar

I agree Crowbar a bad heed to say the least, I bet his gaffer was chuffed when he saw the old motor wrapped aroond a bloody tree, But I do hope a couple of Annadins cured the drivers headache, & He lived to drive another day, Regards Larry.

He’ll have been O.K. provided he was wearing his seatbelt :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
He’ll have been O.K. provided he was wearing his seatbelt :wink:

THEY WERE TOUGHER THEN, FREDM

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=521847 this is a mess

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=522007

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=522008 the driver must of left a turd in his pants

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=522011 dont no how they done that

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=523790

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=534808 old 89

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … tid=635109 scania 111 germany

This picture was doing the rounds a few years back. I didn’t take it, if I’ve stolen it from you, apologies.
Bernard

letsgeton.jpg

I’m not sure if my “Old” 141 counts as Old !!
But here it is anyway…

It would be old now but it wasn’t that old then.

So Gavin what happend here?
Really liked your lorry:-)

GS OVERLAND:
I’m not sure if my “Old” 141 counts as Old !!
But here it is anyway…

It would be old now but it wasn’t that old then.

whoops-posted in error -sorry!

Hi Dan
I had just left Bob Paul’s house after collecting my TIR Docs and running money and was on a ‘B’ road heading towards the A20 and then on to Dover. It had been raining and the road was greasy, I was going round a right hand bend and I felt the truck slide a bit so I backed off the accelerator and rode it around the bend but I drifted a bit wide and my drive wheels went over an electrical duct which collapsed. The drive wheels went down it and tried to stop the truck dead. This resulted in the near-side drive axle springs being broken and the truck flipped over on its side. I was loaded with cable drums of fibre optic cable destined for Damascus Airport, which were a bit top heavy and the whole lot went over on my drivers side. At first I thought that I had hit a tree and broken my drivers mirror, but I soon realised what had really happened and as the truck came to a halt on its side I was catapulted through the windscreen on to the dirt.
It was about midnight and a fire truck was passing and came to my assistance. I was per occupied trying to rip off my front number plate which was Dutch and you may find it still in the field where I threw it.
I escaped with a cut to my forehead and right thumb and a bruised neck where I hit the drivers door pillar on my way out… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
An Ambulance soon came and whisked me off to Ashford hospital. after a few stitches I was released and Bob Paul took me back to the scene of the accident where I saw what was left of my old girl.
I got paid out by the insurance soon afterwards and after a short holiday in the Algarve I bought my “Scania Light” and loade for Kuwait.
I kept that truck until I packed it all in.
Rumor has it that I crashed because I had a drink with Bob Paul at his house ! But that isn’t the case, I don’t like Whiskey!!,
Gavin

Upright !!