A Mad Night to not remember!

Not long after getting the class 2, I parked up with my uncle at the Portside Bar at Belfast port. Nothing unusual there. My uncle had rang my mobile to see if I fancied a pint to which I agreed. I didnt have to leave the wagon back to Dublin until around 5 on the Saturday afternoon, but he had to ship the trailer out of Norse Irish on the early boat( cant remember what time but it was early). Things went well as we met up and he admired my new 94Scania, with the lights etc, in reality it wasnt a patch on his 144. We went for a feed first and things were fine, but it might be right to let you folks know we have been drinking in this bar for near 10 yrs, and it was the head chef’s leaving party. As the drink flowed I wasnt too concerned as we had in on tick till we got paid. I went to the bank at around midnight to check my wages and the fresh air hit me, I was ■■■■■■ beyond belief. I went back to the truck to sleep it off and woke around 3 the next afternoon. Went for a feed at Nicholl oils( westbank)and headed down the road to Dublin. Picked up my payslip, the car and details for Sunday night and was on my way. Got a call not far north of Newry and the uncle asked me to meet him to pay the bill, to which In didnt have a problem. Untill I arrived at the portside, the bill was 120 notes as we apparently bought rounds for the party of the chef who was leaving, not only that, but I made quite a substantial donation to charity!!

Moral of the story is, pay by cash, not tick, or else the other half might have something to say!!

Not very relevant to this thread but looking back on it I laugh.

Kev

I have parked at Belfast dock many a nights, We used to go to pats bar! (is it still there?) the locals got the music going about midnightish and played until… well I got that drunk I dont remember! :smiley: :smiley: To this day nothing sounds better than Irish bagpipes when your in a irish pub drinking Irish beer!

Them Days we got paid 14 hours driving to Ireland :smiley: :smiley: it took us 4.5 hours to get to Stranraer then 3 hours on the boat…just as well the managers didnt have a clue! :smiley: 4 Years I did that trip every week :smiley: best of all we got paid double on a Sunday :smiley:

Sunday nights was always the best nights at Pats bar! :smiley: :wink:

It was a nice little tale, with a lesson that we all can learn from

ta very much, I would like a bushmills please ta,