Bradford hauliers

any one any pics of old n new bradford firms. henry longs wilsons transport ashworths pat mccann etc

One of Henry Longs here at the coventry lorry driver of the year.transportphotos.com
also there is a thread on here already about James Ashworths with plenty of photos started by peterq5422
HuJ0984.jpg

cheers old lad am just going to scan sum old photos get up on here when ive susted it cheers keep the photos coming bradford was rich with transport firms can any one remember mick gallagher transport up thornton rd bradford he did all european with white 143 scanias sum 142s and 4 series one bull nose nice fleet

There`s also a Longs thread on here

ramone:

they may be but this thread is for all the bradford firms witch was a lot if any one could help get this thread going my scanner gone down again will get pics up soon

bradfordlad9999:

ramone:

they may be but this thread is for all the bradford firms witch was a lot if any one could help get this thread going my scanner gone down again will get pics up soon

Henry Longs ■■?

H Baker haulage, i remember a peice in Truck mag about his 2 new Foden fleetmasters, in the late 70s

gunnerheskey:
H Baker haulage, i remember a peice in Truck mag about his 2 new Foden fleetmasters, in the late 70s

Bower Green, remember their 111s/112s running well into the 90s

a one transport wool rollers out of Bradford,drivers names any one,thanks Keith

keith 2:

kevin bedford do u remember eric woodhead

bradfordlad9999:

keith 2:

yes i do remember them,Kevin and Graham and lot of the garage staff.keith

keith 2:

bradfordlad9999:

keith 2:

went past a1 old yard at leeds they only wearhouse left they built a a new complex on there now a lot of the good old hauliers are gone now its a shame

keith 2:

bradfordlad9999:

keith 2:

…and Mr Daynes

do you remember m and r on spencer road,jpl crowes. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Out of interest did any one work with or know a certain infamous lorry driver from Bradford?

kr79:
Out of interest did any one work with or know a certain infamous lorry driver from Bradford?

Do you mean the 1 that drove a Transcon from Baildon?

Don’t know who he worked for but I’m assuming we are both talking about Peter Sutcluffe. Wouldn’t have wanted to lend him some tools you could have been bang in trouble.

kr79:
Don’t know who he worked for but I’m assuming we are both talking about Peter Sutcluffe. Wouldn’t have wanted to lend him some tools you could have been bang in trouble.

Thats him and he drove a Ford Transcontinental which at the time stood out a bit ,apparently the other drivers used to call him the ripper due to him being interviewed about the murders on a couple of occasions .

dreva:
do you remember m and r on spencer road,jpl crowes. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I remember M & R, red Volvo F10 and a fella called George Shackleton drove it. He used to drive for BRS in the 50’s

ramone:

kr79:

Thats him and he drove a Ford Transcontinental which at the time stood out a bit ,apparently the other drivers used to call him the ripper due to him being interviewed about the murders on a couple of occasions .

hes more famous than that prat at eddie stobbarts lol