Older wagons still earning their corn

Its always nice to see wagons that are getting on in years, but still clogging on and working for their keep.
If you have any pics of wagons that are obviously past their best, but still earning their owners money, stick em on here, and lets have a look.

I’ll kick off with this one.

The paint job is’nt particularly my cup of tea, but I appreciate the fact that it is out there and still turning out the miles for an honest day’s pay.

not worked every day but still goes well at 16 year old

hilltop4:
Its always nice to see wagons that are getting on in years, but still clogging on and working for their keep.
If you have any pics of wagons that are obviously past their best, but still earning their owners money, stick em on here, and lets have a look.

The paint job is’nt particularly my cup of tea, but I appreciate the fact that it is out there and still turning out the miles for an honest day’s pay.

I wonder if thats its original number plate
If so can anyone confirm its history
Air Cargo Transport East Midlands Airport■■?

Yeah, it’s ex Air Cargo Trans. think the paint job was a result of them winning a competition in one of the trucking mags.

Had an old Y reg (with the Y as a suffix rather than a prefix - 1983-ish I think) yellow Scania pulling a trailer pass me at the weekend between Marlborough and swindon.

Hi,Heres our shunter/spare wagon seen on Strensham last night,I did just over 500kms in her…not bad for a 15 year old.

She wont win any beauty contests and has her fair share of battle scars but she quite happily poodles along at about 54mph,gets a little out of puff on hills but is totally street legal :smiley:
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

f88vol:
0 not worked every day but still goes well at 16 year old

your right there it is in the garage every other day ha ha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Boys Own:

hilltop4:

yes it was new with Air Cargo Transport, i remember reading a feature about it in Truck and Driver or Trucking International when it was new.

yappie:

f88vol:
0 not worked every day but still goes well at 16 year old

your right there it is in the garage every other day ha ha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and yappy the last test you put ur old scania 143 thru how many times did you take it for test■■? wasnt it 3 or 4t times and mmmm how much did it cost u in bitsss■■? oooooooooo im a ■■■■■ lol

Still going strong to-day, Regards Larry.

bubbleman:
Hi,Heres our shunter/spare wagon seen on Strensham last night,I did just over 500kms in her…not bad for a 15 year old.

She wont win any beauty contests and has her fair share of battle scars but she quite happily poodles along at about 54mph,gets a little out of puff on hills but is totally street legal :smiley:
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

formerly Taylor Barnard, given the colour and Suffolk reg■■?

kindle530:

The Boys Own:

hilltop4:

yes it was new with Air Cargo Transport, i remember reading a feature about it in Truck and Driver or Trucking International when it was new.

We operated the sister vehicle also on a P plate up to this time last year
Gave nine years great service
Only retired due to the forthcoming LEZ requirements
On reflection I should have fitted a particulate trap

my 12 yr old fh12 done 995,000 kms hard ones at that still drives lovely !! :smiley:

Our Atego is now ten years old .

The Atego look very well for its age…obviously subject of a great deal of TLC :laughing:

Thankyou hilltop4 , yes its bloody mint still , we did have a mild refurb last year but its never had any knocks etc , she drives like new and “the hoff” Phil houseman says he likes it very much . he would prefer a new one but says its a dream to drive , he is going off to the south of france soon .

Another shot of “the hoff” on the mickey 6 going north .

my we sprinter from 2004 .

my brothers much loved 2003 daf lf , still earning a crust on long and short distance .

This old girl stool earns its crust 5/6 days a week!!

She looks well on it too! :smiley: