Scania Vabis LV type

[zb]
anorak:

barreiros:

If that is not grounds to investigate a possible sharing of parts, then I am a nutcase.

I hear what you are saying, but why won’t you hear me?

Let’s just say those windshields were made by Verheul for the sake of the argument. Sure, you can ask that question, but why would that be important? It would be neat to know, that’s it, nothing more.
It would also be neat to know where they got the door handles from. Or if the wiper motor came with the chassis. Or or or. It’s not the end of the rope that will help untangle the knot.
But let’s just also agree, that these are grounds to investigate and that these are questions that should be investigated thoroughly. As you say.

Then, how you’re gonna go about it? How is it that you are going to investigate further?

Raise the question, then wait if something happens? Please investigate, but raising a question to let it ripe is not investigation. It’s talking to the universe hoping for an answer back. And yes, that sounds a bit like a nutcase.

Who would jump in to answer that question thoroughly? The one Dutch guy who was responsible for filling out the order for the windshields back then? Let’s just wait a bit longer, maybe he’ll jump into the discussion once he’s 105. Or maybe his nice will kick in, her English is probably a bit better anyway, and she’ll know how to use a scanner, so she can upload all the document from back then.
Come on, don’t be naive… It would be nice, but it won’t happen. These guys actually exist, but you have to seek them out. They won’t just show up here to do the work for you.

Sitting here, waiting for someone to clear up all the questions that one raises is not the way to go. That’s all I’m saying. And if you go back and give the thread another read, you may realize why I’m saying it. Or just read the argument of the last few days, little to nothing to actually work with but lots of questions that are basically just based on unsubstantiated hunches. We could talk about those, but I don’t see the point. I can only prove what is documented and I cannot disprove anything else. And the same goes for everybody else here.