AR-GS Transport DAF 3600 Space cab pictures?

Hi All,

I’m after some pics of the of the AR-GS DAF 3600 ( famed for the ‘Spaghetti no junction’ film) I looking at my next 1/50 model project and as i work for DAF it could be my next challenge!. I have found the odd picture on here, but could do with side on/rear pictures if possible? Anything really to get the decals spot on?

I think the real version is no longer with us?

Many thanks

Richard

hope these help :wink:

I must have worn that video out when I was a nipper. Got it in the Christmas stocking - ordered through commercial motor. Probably there is an old thread on ARGS, but can remeber the film was sponsored by Eberspacher. Can also remember them shipping to Cherbourg and taking about 4-5 shifts to make milan, stopping to go fishing on the way. The grey and red 3300 wagon and drag was smart - think owned by ARGS painted in customers Livery. They stopped one night at the Monkey House near Bourg and there was a Southampton driver (Dave Tutt) eating his dinner in the film.

if i remember right i thought the fleet number to the side of the front lights on the drivers side wass the same for the D reg 3600 as the C reg 3600 ? where they up to no good !!!

pimmer73:
if i remember right i thought the fleet number to the side of the front lights on the drivers side wass the same for the D reg 3600 as the C reg 3600 ? where they up to no good !!!

Isn’t there something on the video about them having problems when they arrive at French customs about fleet no’s not matching?

rich007:

pimmer73:

Isn’t there something on the video about them having problems when they arrive at French customs about fleet no’s not matching?

yea thats right remember now ! just spent two hours in the attic and found the film result !!! was well chuffed with myself then the wife said laughing her head off that we havnt got a video recorder anymore !!! gutted !!!

pimmer73:

rich007:

pimmer73:

yea thats right remember now ! just spent two hours in the attic and found the film result !!! was well chuffed with myself then the wife said laughing her head off that we havnt got a video recorder anymore !!! gutted !!!

There’s a chap on ebay who can sell you a DVD version! The voice over man was rubbish on this video, but yes it was a Christmas highlight for me when i was a kid! Didn’t think after all those years i would be working for DAF though!!!

I also got the next one the following Christmas - ‘On yer Bike’. Lent both videos out and did’nt get them back! Wouldnt mind seeing them one more time for old times sake.

Horry:
I also got the next one the following Christmas - ‘On yer Bike’. Lent both videos out and did’nt get them back! Wouldnt mind seeing them one more time for old times sake.

You can see On Yer Bike on youtube, not sure about Spaghetti though.

Jimbo.

jimbotruck:

Horry:

You can see On Yer Bike on youtube, not sure about Spaghetti though.

Jimbo.

youtube.com/watch?v=fEpZIxh7les

I’ve got both spaghetti and on yer bike on DVD. I think I bought them off eBay for around a fiver each.

Both are a good watch but like anything, If you know the subject you can pick holes in the way they represent stuff on film.

If you watch spaghetti closely you will see one of the SSC DAFs has issues with its sun visor. Sometimes it’s there sometimes it ain’t.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a lot of miles in that old 3600 ,when i was working for args,it was sold when the new super space cabs came,it went to a dealer and was going to be sold in greece i think.sadly i did not take any pics .

Does anyone know what the small writing on the door, rear panel and trailer says? Also, i wanted a shot of the trailer back, but guess i will have to re-watch the DVD and hope there are some close up shots ! I will post some pics of the the finshed model on this thread when its done as a homage to the original video!!!

Thanks

Richard

rich007:
Does anyone know what the small writing on the door, rear panel and trailer says? Also, i wanted a shot of the trailer back, but guess i will have to re-watch the DVD and hope there are some close up shots ! I will post some pics of the the finshed model on this thread when its done as a homage to the original video!!!

Thanks

Richard

You could always phone them Richard,still operating,01444 414667

I seem to recall one of their drivers being known as “Boring Billy from Basingstoke”. Can anyone remember?
Another lad being Pat Finlay!

billy became a o/d for solstor,never did know what pat did when he left .

bobby big wheels:
billy became a o/d for solstor,never did know what pat did when he left .

Pat was on for McKellars with me around 1990-1994 when i left!

s.jpg[/the only to pics that i have of args hope they helpyou.

For those still interested (and who’ve worn out their videotapes), “Spaghetti, No Junction” is on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMDpeNdS4Dg

It’s all far too smooth-running for a typical Euro trip in the 80s, but at least it’s got proper DAF’s in it (I’d still love a go in a 3300).