Scammell Routeman

Just joined Trucknet got loads of pics, here is a taster of a few. hope they make happy viewing. once i have got the hang of this i will upload some more pics :sunglasses:

Hi and welcome along…

cool pics…feel free to post as many as you can… all the lads will be along in a while to say hello…

Helloooo scamm73.

Welcome to the site mate hope u can keep up the picture quality.

Here are some more as promised :laughing:

Very nice,keep them coming
Regards, Routeman67

a few more out the album!! :sunglasses:

does anybody remember working/driving or seeing these on the road■■?

Yes I remember driving one. We only got one of them where i worked, I think it was on long term loan and it got passed around all the drivers. I didn’t use it a lot but once I got used to the “gate change” I enjoyed my time with it.

scamm73:
does anybody remember working/driving or seeing these on the road■■?

hi and welcome to the site ,number 13 on the list i remember well ,it was owned by A B Carter of Ashton keynes nr cirencester glos,keep um coming ,Steve.(SWINDON ).

Hi scamm73 welcome to trucknet and the pics are great,keep them coming.Do you happen to have any of a company called John Biesty Ltd who were a tipper firm from the manchester area during the 60s/70s taken over by Staveley Industries in 73.By the way there is another thread which I started on here in feb 2011 called The Scammell Routeman there are loads of old photos and memories on that one for you to look through.John

Hi All, thanks for all the replies. Here are a few colour pics, sorry i have none of john Biesty Ltd. Will keep uploading new pics over the next few days, once i have uploaded all routeman pics that i have i will load some Scammell Crusader pics/Scammell Handyman pics :sunglasses:

Hello mate, great pics … I love anything scammell. I drove a scammell trunker once, quite an experience. . Loved every minute of it.

Same here,Scammell fan,great photos. :wink:

Hi scamm73 and welcome you can never have to many Scammell pictures I have driven quite a few over the years Highwayman, Handyman,Trunker , Crusader, Samson, Constructor, Super Constructor, Junior Contractor and the Contractor but never a Routeman as far as I can recall.
cheers Johnnie :smiley:

Hi my father Dai Cap used to be the owner of this firm and would be very greatful if you have any other photos of Foard Transport or williams and griffiths as it fetches back lots of memories many thanks Anthony

another of the old Williams & Griffiths fleet when my father started up under his own name. The side were for carrying Coke from port talbot steel works and running to shotton steel works and llanwern steel works

XWN850T tipping coke at llanwern steel works

hi,thanks for the pics,love the greedy boards!!can get a proper load on that!!! unfortunatly have only got those 2 pics, my brother and i are always on the look out for different scammell pics for our collection so will keep an eye out for any. :sunglasses:

A few more pics for you all :sunglasses: