Leggett Logistics (freightways)

Hello.
I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I go wrong here.
I used to work for Leggett Logistics at the Swindon depot from 2004 to 2006. I was just wondering if the company is still going? I noticed by chance about 3 years ago that the Swindon depot had gone. Internet searches suggest that all the other depots closed one by one. Have they gone out of business completely?
Are there any drivers here that used to work at Swindon while I was there?
Cheers.

I did see a load of their trailers (I think) parked in Royal Mail at Thurrock which just seemed strange to me.

leggetts are in enfield, just off the a1055 i think…

Did some digging on Google. They’re now known as pointbid logistics, customers include royal mail, hence trailers in thurrock. The operations manager is a bloke called Michael Coles, who was in charge when wrm got swallowed up, then when cam European went bang, then when leggetts were swallowed up. Recurring theme here

Some great piccies here from when Leggetts done loads of their own European
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63576&hilit=leggett

Not surprised they got taken over. They was not doing good when I was there.
Still, the nicest bunch of blokes I ever worked with, and the only job I looked forward to getting up for.

Not 100% sure if they are still going. The Bothwell depot shut in 2007. They still had contracts delivering to Dunelm Mill stores and Nike sports goods to various places which they subbed out to the mob I work for the central Scotland area. We also ran the trunk from Stockport, but that depot shut in 2009, so every thing came from their Birmingham depot via a Lymm changeover. That all stoped in 2010 though when DHL took Dunelm and Ceva took Nike. That was the last I ever heard from them and I never see any of their trucks on the road now.

Wonder if the Enfield depot are still running Robert Dyas?

I work out of the Enfield depo and we still do Robert Dyas. They also do royal mail work over Xmas.

It’s good to hear that they are still ticking over.

I went into my Local Robert Dyas (Chippenham) a couple years back without realising I was wearing my Leggett’s shirt. (I still wear it now and then) and they told me they wasn’t expecting a delivery that day. Took me a little while to click. :blush:

yes i remember leggets swindon i also remember them when they were at the old shrivenham rail station before they moved to south marston There were some good guys and some bad ones
was always a standing joke that there was a que for drivers wanting to work for them but in the end there was a que who could not wait to get out

C495 DGS.tif (1.92 MB)

We’ve got 3 ex leggetts motors, there daf xf mx06 VKC VKG and VKM.

Sent from my iPad.

spectron:

Sent from my iPad.

Wrong leggetts. You’re thinking of leggett transport from woolpit. Take it they’re ex irlams dafs

Yes those motors were ex-Irlams working out of the Normanton depot, other year they were for sale in truck place near railway lines in Felixstowe. sales rep said they were ex-leggetts at that point sure they had some sort of red/white wrap on bumper that wasn’t on at Irlams. Then again it may have been totally different MX06 regs, by the way a driver told me other day (yet again) that Irlams were starting up again. (if I had a penny for everytime I had heard that one!)

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

Sent from my iPad.

Wrong leggetts. You’re thinking of leggett transport from woolpit. Take it they’re ex irlams dafs

Yes your right matey.

Sent from my iPad.

I was watching a video that Aled from Radio one had posted up. And what do I see in the background? An old Leggett’s trailer.
youtu.be/yGccQHkddU0

they had some really good contracts in there day but they did not move with the times so people went elsewhere Best one as far as im concerned they had was the woolies contract
they were really busy times Anyway a picture of three of the “hand me downs” that we had
L24 was eventually to become the shunter it replaced B146 which gave up the ghost

That’s an old pic.
L24 looked like this when I left.

Hello Herb & Co., how are you these days? Nice to see some Leggett vehicles posted, I’ll have to add some Peterlee ones! (there are some Kammac pictures lurking on this site too.)I have seen some ‘Pointbid Logistics’ trailers around, but am not too sure of the ‘Leggett story’ since we closed. Still in touch with some Peterlee staff, and still have E702HRT, the Bredbury Foden, latterly our shunter. Andrew ex Peterlee.

Hello.
Apparently my old motor was ex Peterlee.
I was told that the reason the cab was bent was because someone drove it into the office.