Leggett Logistics (freightways)

herbington:
i see a few changes have happened at duck lees lane of late ! first this

POINTBID LOGISTICS SYSTEMS LTD
Director(s): METROPOLITAN HOUSE, STATION ROAD, CHEADLE HULME CHEADLE SK8 7AZ
Removed operating centre: 102 EAST DUCK LEES LANE, PONDERS END , ENFIELD EN3 7SS
New operating centre: CHINGFORD ISLAND, HARBERT ROAD , LONDON E4 8ST (0 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s))
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 45 vehicle(s), 45 trailer(s)
and it seems they have sold it and renamed themselves
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02231266
makes for some interesting reading

Hi All,

Just stumbled across this site. I still work for Pointbid Logistics and have now been here for 26 years!!! You get less for life…lol. I was the office manager at the Bredbury office and now Cheadle Hulme, although there is only myself (Lee Madden), Edward Rodriguez and Alan Cook here now. Enfield was sold after Theo Paphitis bought out Robert Dyas and decided to run the operation, along with his other company Ryman, out of a new warehouse in Hemel Hempstead. Pointbid had that contract for 15+ years and run it faultlessly, but the depot itself was so old (although it sold for a tidy sum being in London) it obviously wasn’t to Theo’s high standards. Segro bought the depot along with Pointbid PLC who owned it, hence the name change, so we just operate under the Pointbid Logistics Systems name now. The Chingford site is not really a depot, more a piece of land to park vehicles on, they are not even ours, someone is renting the land from us to park on. We have a big depot in Aston, Birmingham which we operate from plus the accounts office here in Cheadle Hulme. As someone stated above Keith France did pass away a few months ago, I went to the funeral as I was quite close to Liz and Keith, quite a shock! Did get to see some familiar faces though, Barry Dudley, Eddie Tipton and some other drivers I’ve forgot the names of, Gary Healey from Reddish Warehouse was also in attendance.

Anyway I’ll stop rambling on now, it was good to see all the old pictures on here. One thing about Leggett’s though, everyone who has left and I’m still in contact with always say, it was the best time of their life working at Leggett’s, great people and even though the pay wasn’t always the best, they wish they were still here.