Anybody remember SCA Express?

Scania 110, NTW 566M, roadtrain double manned by Jock Landsborough and Yohan Rotvic, doing Italy 3 times a week.

Andrew Dare had EUR 1 as his number plate, not SCA 1.

All the EVS and latterly Europa trailers were numbered EUR **

There were some trailers with BJ ** trailer numbers so they may have been remnants from the Bijoo firm or whatever it was called.

The EVS and AGA units were all Belgian registered and ‘owned’ by GTS, can’t remember what it stood for now, it used to be on the wage slips, but it was a long time ago and it’s late now and I’ve had a busy day today.

tankerian:
…doing Italy 3 times a week.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Three round trips to Italy in a WEEK■■? I double manned for a year, Erith to Milan and that was a killer to be honest, but round tripping to Italy 3 times in a week!!! :open_mouth:

newmercman:

Why do I recognise that name? Where was he from Mark?

newmercman:

All the EVS and latterly Europa trailers were numbered EUR **

There were some trailers with BJ ** trailer numbers so they may have been remnants from the Bijoo firm or whatever it was called.

The EVS and AGA units were all Belgian registered and ‘owned’ by GTS, can’t remember what it stood for now, it used to be on the wage slips, but it was a long time ago and it’s late now and I’ve had a busy day today.

Hi newmercman,Adrian Chambers had the number plate SCA 1 when I worked for SCA in 1971/2.In that time he changed cars from a white “E” type to a porsche 911 then a citroen maserati.The plate was transfered each time.Then in around 1994 I did some traction for Europa in erith and the plate SCA 1 was on a jag owned by Adrian Dare so I guess Adrian ended up with the plate.

Rick, Andrew Dare was the MD of Europa.

He had EUR 1 on his cars though I could swear to it Boyzee, first on a 7 series and then on a cream jag.

I last worked there in 94 when they still had the Belgian F10s and it was EUR 1 then, maybe he had both?

newmercman:

Ah, yes that’s how I know the name, cheers NMM. I also remember the Belgium plated Volvos. Their regular night trunkers to Paris, Brussels and Holland used to moan like (zb) because they were used during the day by agency drivers who occasionally used to bring them back with the offside mirrors missing or damaged!

Im trying to think of the Europa drivers names, Roger was one, another was a little, aggressive fella I think was called Terry and an older guy with a white beard. To long ago now! :laughing: :wink:

newmercman:

He had EUR 1 on his cars though I could swear to it Boyzee, first on a 7 series and then on a cream jag.

I last worked there in 94 when they still had the Belgian F10s and it was EUR 1 then, maybe he had both?

You are probably right newmercman he must have had both plate,s.I used to run to the Europa dusseldorf depot plus Stuttgart and do AAchen exchange,s the person who dealt with the german side was Andy in 1994.I remember the belgium company Bijoos back around 74/5,I think their yard was up near Hasselt?They had some cream coloured flat trailer,s an some old tilts,like you say with BJ then the number on them.

Here’s a pic of the Belgian mob that became part of the empire, it was renamed GTS when I worked there.

Before the white cab with blue wedge stripe colour scheme they used the above colour scheme, but with blue replacing red. Flat top F10s in those days.

Hello, I understand this thread is no longer active, but I recently tried searching for my unfortunately deceased great uncle, Stephen Holman, and found this thread. I couldn’t believe it at first, but seeing that he lived in Hailsham and being into fishing, I found out that Rexyu is my Great Uncle! I’m pretty sure I got my ancestral interest of Lorries from him, only remembering him from an early age. I’ve never been more chuffed in my life! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hello, I understand this thread is no longer active, but I recently tried searching for my unfortunately deceased great uncle, Stephen Holman, and found this thread. I couldn’t believe it at first, but seeing that he lived in Hailsham and being into fishing, I found out that Rexyu is my Great Uncle! I’m pretty sure I got my ancestral interest of Lorries from him, only remembering him from an early age. I’ve never been more chuffed in my life! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

newmercman:
Here’s a pic of the Belgian mob that became part of the empire, it was renamed GTS when I worked there.

Hi NMM,
are you sure about Biddeloo becoming part of GTS ?
As far as I know Biddeloo was taken over by Essers Transport, with the original boss Staf Biddeloo as manager, they fell out, so Staf Biddeloo took the company back, went bankrupt in 1992, was saved by De Dijcker transport and continued as Diddelom Transport, wich went bankrupt again in 1994 and then the site but not the trucks were taken over by Driesen in Turnhout. Driesen later became part of a dutch tranport company.
GTS was already around in the early 80 ies, GTS used the Leuven Volvo dealer, as did we, and I remember us buying an GTS ( flat top)F10 in 1985 or 86.

You know what, you are right, I just looked at the photo of the F88 and the colours are all wrong. I can only guess that I had been drinking when I posted that, because it doesn’t make sense lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
You know what, you are right, I just looked at the photo of the F88 and the colours are all wrong. I can only guess that I had been drinking when I posted that, because it doesn’t make sense lol

I was wondering if drink was messing with my brain and I somehow missed a year (or 2 ) :wink:

As William Shakespeare once said “Don’t believe everything you read on the internet”

hiya my name is kevin jennings.in the 80s i worked for ron hall. dennis was also there. ron went off to canida with maureen who worked for leps tsp.dennis now lives around the bordeaux area

Truckyboy, heres a name from the 60’ you may remember, light brown, bullnosed mercs, Charlie Poulter. used to see em all the time when I as traveling with my Dad in the 60’s

Truckyboy, I’ve just read an old post where you mention a guy called Dave Chamberlain, well in 1985 or 78, I met a guy by the same name in the Albion in Dover, said he was on M/E and that he had a narrow escape from somewhere, I can’t remember which Country, after a Pickup Truck ran in the back of him and killed the guy, Was this the same man? I had a great night that night we both got ■■■■■■■ and the funny thing was he had a business card with his name on which he gave me, which I found odd in those days, is he still about.

Me & Ralph with a Tony’s Scania on tow.

Tony & the tow bar on the rear steer.

my FIATwagon & drag.

Tony & Ralph.

Me, Tony & Bob at the Gate Cafe.

Sean Moran after I had towed his Scania unit from Milan to Lugano for repairs.

Could this be the same Sean Moran that I met only on one ocassion,crossing H4.I think he had a Scania road train.I also believe he had lost his UK driving licence for drink/driving,but had an Irish licence he was using.