Tyson H Burridge, Distington, Cumbria

Hello
I think it’s about time this Forum had a Tyson H Burridge thread. The company is a well respected haulier and is famous for running some Dennison Lorries in the 1970’s.
So come on, memories, photos & infomation on Burridges and its subbies would be great.
Also, infomation on some of Tyson’s Vehicle restorations would be interesting.
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Best I can do, hired one of Tysons trombones for a few weeks & went back & forth to Greece with it steel down hence the need for the extender…You don’t see as many of em about anymore, they used to do changeovers in the yard I parked in in Latchford years ago.

Definitly more interesting than the “green monster co” :unamused: :unamused: regards kevmac47

Hello
Thankyou everyone for your support. Keep the info and photos coming
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Here you go CG. One of mine and one of Tyson’s parked on Forton services

truckfing:
Here you go CG. One of mine and one of Tyson’s parked on Forton services

Hello truckfing
Excelent marra. Thankyou.
Kindest regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

011.jpg

hi Thyson Burridge, my that brings back some memories, back in the 60tys used to deliver to haig pit always loaded back off thyson, old gaffer reckoned they always paid him promptly and a good rate for the job, often wonder if little Burt is still working for them,happy days, bumper

Hello bumper
Thankyou for your memories of Burridges. Would that be Haig Pit (Whitehaven)■■
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

hi, haig pit was at whitehaven mate,bit of hole to get in and out of, used to deliver mining machine’s from Anderson boyes motherwell, we were paid trip money so when i back loaded to scotland off brurridge’s got the same money as if it was from the north east, bumper

bumper:
hi, haig pit was at whitehaven mate,bit of hole to get in and out of, used to deliver mining machine’s from Anderson boyes motherwell, we were paid trip money so when i back loaded to scotland off brurridge’s got the same money as if it was from the north east, bumper

Was a bit tight,delivered Gas Oil to Hiag pit more times than i care to remember.(there was a good Fish shop just outside)Vic.

v7victor:

bumper:

Was a bit tight,delivered Gas Oil to Hiag pit more times than i care to remember.(there was a good Fish shop just outside)Vic.

Photo i found online

bumper:

v7victor:

bumper:

v7victor:

v7victor:

bumper:

Photo i found online

Hello everyone
Thankyou to v7victor & bumper for there infomation on Haig Pit & Tyson Burridges. Thanks again marras
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

006.jpg

I used to tip out at their yard near Whitehaven when I worked for Montgomeries.

It always struck me the place was old but immaculate. It always made me think of what a nineteen fifties Army Camp would look like, even the walls were half cream half grey (a paint scheme any ex forces will recognise).

The best bit was the traffic office, everything was built so the traffic clerks had to stand up, including the big desk in the middle of the room. A whole new meaning to thinking on your feet?

W

AlexWignall:
I used to tip out at their yard near Whitehaven when I worked for Montgomeries.

It always struck me the place was old but immaculate. It always made me think of what a nineteen fifties Army Camp would look like, even the walls were half cream half grey (a paint scheme any ex forces will recognise).

The best bit was the traffic office, everything was built so the traffic clerks had to stand up, including the big desk in the middle of the room. A whole new meaning to thinking on your feet?

W

Hello AlexWignall
Thankyou for your infomation. Yes, the yard was built as a coach works sometime in the 1800’s.
Thanks again
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

You’re welcome ■■■■■■■■ Gill, I always thought if I ever ran a wagon firm I would want it to be like Burridge’s.

Their lads still load chipboard at SONAE near Kirby. I end up helping most lads because they are so slow but not Burridge’s lot, they are done and dusted by the time I’ve set my own trailer up. Respect.

W

Their restored Albion Reiver was new to A E Jones of Ludlow. It then passed to Mervyn Edwards of Shrewsbury

A pic of it in service with Mervyn

Albion Reiver, 4580 AW by ergomammoth, on Flickr

And as it is now –

DSCN6162 by Sou’wester, on Flickr

credit to photographers in links/

AlexWignall:
You’re welcome ■■■■■■■■ Gill, I always thought if I ever ran a wagon firm I would want it to be like Burridge’s.

Their lads still load chipboard at SONAE near Kirby. I end up helping most lads because they are so slow but not Burridge’s lot, they are done and dusted by the time I’ve set my own trailer up. Respect.

W

fryske:
Their restored Albion Reiver was new to A E Jones of Ludlow. It then passed to Mervyn Edwards of Shrewsbury

A pic of it in service with Mervyn

Albion Reiver, 4580 AW by ergomammoth, on Flickr

And as it is now –

DSCN6162 by Sou’wester, on Flickr

credit to photographers in links/

Hello AlexWignall & frysike,
Thankyou for your infomation & photos. Many Thanks
Kindest regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

020.JPG

Taken at Scorton

Stanfield:
Taken at Scorton 0

Hello Stansfield
Thankyou for that photo. Many thanks marra.
I’m I right in thinking that a member of the Dennison family owns that lorry?
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill