Scotland built truck

Came across these pics of the Argyl Christina built in Scotland between 70 & 73, not sure where, with a Perkins engine, and cab and panels from other Brit truck co.s, another heavy haulage unit called the Argyl Trilby was built, but no pics, has anybody had any experience on these motors, or even remember them.
ArgyleChristina.jpg
christina_17354.jpg

They were built in East Kilbride somewhere. Eddie.

There’s already been a thread about this vehicle make on the site, just put Argyle in the search box and read the posts about the make. Franky.

robroy:
Came across these pics of the Argyl Christina built in Scotland between 70 & 73, not sure where, with a Perkins engine, and cab and panels from other Brit truck co.s, another heavy haulage unit called the Argyl Trilby was built, but no pics, has anybody had any experience on these motors, or even remember them.210

I can recall a company in Armadale West Lothian called Wm Griffiths Transport who had quite a few on tipper work in central Scotland . They were indeed built in East Kilbride and powered by Perkins 6/354 engines , the cab was made by Metal Panel Ltd and was the same cab as fitted to the Seddon 16/354 , as far as I aware the company who manufactured these chassis now produce electronic parts etc for the motor industry .

robroy:
Came across these pics of the Argyl Christina built in Scotland between 70 & 73, not sure where, with a Perkins engine, and cab and panels from other Brit truck co.s,

Looks like AEC Mammoth Major doors and sides?

Harry Monk:

robroy:
Came across these pics of the Argyl Christina built in Scotland between 70 & 73, not sure where, with a Perkins engine, and cab and panels from other Brit truck co.s,

Looks like AEC Mammoth Major doors and sides?

No, Motor Panels cab, same as Seddon, Guy Big J, Erf, and a few others.
Bernard

robroy:
Came across these pics of the Argyl Christina built in Scotland between 70 & 73, not sure where, with a Perkins engine, and cab and panels from other Brit truck co.s, another heavy haulage unit called the Argyl Trilby was built, but no pics, has anybody had any experience on these motors, or even remember them.210

i remember my dad worked for robert pollock from maryhill if i remember right

Here’s a pic of the Griffith Argyle someone mentioned, looking a bit ropey so its obviously done a bit work, they didn’t do a very good job of the front panel for the ubiquitous Motor Panels cab, its a bit bland. The company address was Argyle Motor Manufacturing Company Ltd, 20, Flakefield, College Milton, East Kilbride. Formed early 1970 by Argyle Diesel Electronics Ltd but the company only lasted around three years, plans to produce a tractor and six wheel rigid never materialised although a heavy tractor called the Trilby was built for BSC to haul a 120 Ton load with ■■■■■■■ power, in truth it wasn’t a good time to try to enter the commercial vehicle market and especially with a run of the mill spec and pretty unexciting model, it just couldn’t compete with the bigger companies. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Here’s a pic of the Griffith Argyle someone mentioned, looking a bit ropey so its obviously done a bit work, they didn’t do a very good job of the front panel for the ubiquitous Motor Panels cab, its a bit bland. The company address was Argyle Motor Manufacturing Company Ltd, 20, Flakefield, College Milton, East Kilbride. Formed early 1970 by Argyle Diesel Electronics Ltd but the company only lasted around three years, plans to produce a tractor and six wheel rigid never materialised although a heavy tractor called the Trilby was built for BSC to haul a 120 Ton load with ■■■■■■■ power, in truth it wasn’t a good time to try to enter the commercial vehicle market and especially with a run of the mill spec and pretty unexciting model, it just couldn’t compete with the bigger companies. Franky.0

Hi i remember going to the the Argyle Diesels factory in EK with my dad he was friends with Willie Moffat .
Willie owned Argyle Diesels which I think is still going refurbishing Diesel pumps injectors starters and the likes still in College Milton. Willie died a good few years ago now think Argyle Diesels was run by his daughters at the end up .

Here’s the link for one thread on them. Robert

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16276&p=162446&hilit=argyle#p162446

By the way, it appears to be the Motor Panels (of Coventry) Mark 3 cab shell, like the Seddon. Robert

Irvine built F86 8x4, !!!
Ok, the 6x4 was sent over from Sweden in the earley days for the second axle and drag link but it was built in Scotland eh!!! or am i pushing it a little, ■■ Harvey