Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Spardo:

Chris Webb:
After going through all the pages I missed I found this photo posted by Ray aka “Fishflunk” and he asked if I’d ever had a lift in this wagon of Turners.Well it might not have been the one in the photo but I had plenty of lifts in those BMCs of Turners when they were running a Norwich - Manchester trunk with a Grantham changeover early 60s.I was int RAF at Feltwell near Brandon 1960-63 and got plenty of lifts with Turners trunkers to Grantham then diving into a Manchester bound wagon to be dropped off in Sheffield early hours.Same going back to camp on a sunday night. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bet you’re glad you hopped out before trusting yourself to hurtling down Woodhead followed by a 4-in-line, Chris. :wink: :laughing:

Aye David.The Manchester trunkers used to pick me up int Wicker Sheffield about 2100,they were running “S” Type Bedfords then. They would run to Worksop on A57 then down to Newark via Ollerton,they didn’t hang about,especially one big irish feller that I got to know quite well.
You could smell the brakes when they stopped for me after coming over Woodhead. :grimacing: