Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:
Thanks to rastone and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: great memories of the Fordson N my first driving lesson 1945, feeding cattle in the field, me in the seat and the farmer or tractor man would would have foot on the dual clutch/brake put it in gear let the clutch out and on tickover he would jump off and to the back of the cart and drag off the load of turnips with a drag fork then back onto the tractor and take over, harvest time the same between the stooks and later on when I could reach the clutchbrake and carting out dung I would be started at one end of the field with instructions “see that fence post with my jacket on it, well keep the radiator cap pointed at that” he dragged the dung off with stop go shouting until we got to the other end looking back an arrow straight line of dung heaps. 70 plus years ago and it seems like yesterday.
Oily

Ah ! Oily …there are,nt many of us left that cut their teeth on these great machines …they were fun days when growing up tattie howkin …following the binder setting up stooks then there was the building stacks and later the thrash !!!hard work especially when “forkin” or lousin up top …fond memories right enough also first a single furrow then 3 furrows when you got experienced a bit …I cut a fine fearing in my time ■■?