Crows Transport Gateshead

Steve Rose:
1[/img]

Steve Rose:

kevmac47:

Steve Rose:
Hi, ive been looking on line for a while now for some pictures of Crows transport. My father Brian Rose drove for John Crow who was in Medowfield Co Durham. Im over the moon to find some posts on here and also about Ralphy Crow from Gateshead. My father drove along time for John right up until he died then the son’s sold a perfectly good business. Im sure my mother has some photo’s of crows lorries so i will ask her to dig them out and i will post them. Sadly my father died 12yrs ago but was alway’s talking about his driving days. Thanks, Steve Rose

Hello Steve, I remember your dad Brian. I didn’t.realize it was that long ago since he passed on. I’m sure Ralph will comment when he sees the post. Regards Kev.

Hello Kev, thanks for the reply, did you drive for crow’s? My dad drove for both Ralphy and John Crow, i was still at school when he used to take me to the yard at Medowfield and John Crow would give the drivers kids pocket money on a Saturday morning, always remembered John in his pin striped suit and rolls of money. After John died my dad went continental for a company in North Shields, DAC haulage, Davey ■■■■■■■■■■■ loved it but retired due to ill health not long before retirement age. My dad said the continental work was the best job he had and used to joke about the loads he used to pull for crow’s, they where always loaded sky high. Any way thanks again kev and i will sort out some photo’s to post. Regards Steve.

EVNIN AL ,MY DAD ALSO WORKED AT CROWS, JOHN ARMSTRONG IN THE SIXTIES EARLY 70,s, PASSED AWAY 2016 , WORKED WITH DICKIE REDPATH ,GOOD PALS THEY WERE. DAD MOVED OVER TO STOREFREIGHT , NOT LONG AFTER GOING BACK TOCROWS , HE LEFT AND WENT TO STAFFORDS AT HOUGHTON FOR A SHORT TIME ,HE LEFT AND STARTED ROBSONS OF CARLISLE IN.ABOUT 1974 Til 1994WEN THEY WERE ALL MADE REDUNDANT , REMEMBER CROWS VERY WELL , BUT HAVE POSITIVE MEMORIES OF THEM BEING BLUE ,…,REGSRDS ALL , JOHN ARMSTRONG (son)