Moores Transport Ashby

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone had any pictures knocking about of Moores Transport from ashby de la zouch??

There old yard has houses on it now! I’ve seen a couple of units kicking about in there colours, think Andrews own them now, its the older fleet I’m looking for…Volvo F10’s and 12’s, Atkis and ERF B-series.

Cheers

6977jamie:
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone had any pictures knocking about of Moores Transport from ashby de la zouch??

There old yard has houses on it now! I’ve seen a couple of units kicking about in there colours, think Andrews own them now, its the older fleet I’m looking for…Volvo F10’s and 12’s, Atkis and ERF B-series.

Cheers

I think they ran some 88’s as well.

Trev_H:

6977jamie:
Hi,

Cheers

I think they ran some 88’s as well.

Hiya trev…and a transcon at one time…they used to do sometimg from fauld to Blue circle at Cauldon Low…maybe
Gypsum and clinker from cauldon to Hope works…i’ve loaded burnt lime from Tungstead to Rochester. that was in
the 80’s for John Moore.sorry no pikkies
John

Hiya John,

Yeah they ran Gypsum for years from Fauld and regular Blue Circle stuff. Later on they were mainly tippers running the rubbish from Luton to Broggy for A&J Bull from Mitcham. Your right they did have a couple of Transcontis, plus the odd MAN and Sed Ack, but mainly Volvos later on…ERF A lines and Atki borderers in the early days.
I’ve never found any pics on any of the forums, which is ashame as my dad worked for them for years and I remember going with him in the summer hols.
I’d love to get hold of any pics, as I’d like to build a model in there colours but, with no reference I’m pretty stuffed.

Jamie

hiya…i think the chap who drove the transcon had silver white hair…they all seemed good lads…
i’d forgotten the muck job with aj bull but yes your right… fred sherwood was also on that job
John

Hiya John,

Yeah his name was Jeff Pole, he knocked the cab off the transcon so they sold the other! Yeah good old Fred Sherwood. I spoke to one of there drivers not long back and asked if they still had any of the drop-sided tipper trailers that they used to run picking up ash from the power station then dropping the sides and loading with blocks from Thermalite…he didn’t have a scooby what I was on about!!! Does Brian Thompson still run a few lorries on the rubbish? he was from around same area

Jamie

used to work for sherwoods first ran across moores to talk to at dalgetys wigston they where agood bunch of lads asfor tommo think he might still run a couple of trucks his lad drives one i think cheers popa D

popa d:
used to work for sherwoods first ran across moores to talk to at dalgetys wigston they where agood bunch of lads asfor tommo think he might still run a couple of trucks his lad drives one i think cheers popa D

B Thompson definately still running, saw a narrow cab M.A.N and a FM volvo this week… Both with walking floor trailers

yes b.thompsons is still going think they have about 3 trucks think his lad drives one

3300John:
hiya…i think the chap who drove the transcon had silver white hair…they all seemed good lads…
i’d forgotten the muck job with aj bull but yes your right… fred sherwood was also on that job
John

Moores did have a couple of Transco’s I sold them our Demo 4427 with a 13 speed box and the other came from Lloyds of Stafford another demonsrator. The chap that drove the 4427 used to drive for ■■■■ Pountain.First time I dealt with Moores was 1962 and they bought an Anglia van and Peter Jones from the workshop had one soon after.

They did run a lot of Traders with auto couplings and then a D800 artic and then DA2417 's with York Trailers.Bill Niel and Reg Moore bought a Ford Zodiac each with a floor change.One thing that springs to mind is Ford Dealers were invited to take one person to a venue to have a ride in a gas turbine artic.Reg and I went to a pub called The Sea Around Us near Loughbourgh.That was a very strange experience we both thought

rastone:

3300John:
John

Moores did have a couple of Transco’s I sold them our Demo 4427 with a 13 speed box and the other came from Lloyds of Stafford another demonsrator. The chap that drove the 4427 used to drive for ■■■■ Pountain.First time I dealt with Moores was 1962 and they bought an Anglia van and Peter Jones from the workshop had one soon after.

They did run a lot of Traders with auto couplings and then a D800 artic and then DA2417 's with York Trailers.Bill Niel and Reg Moore bought a Ford Zodiac each with a floor change.One thing that springs to mind is Ford Dealers were invited to take one person to a venue to have a ride in a gas turbine artic.Reg and I went to a pub called The Sea Around Us near Loughbourgh.That was a very strange experience we both thought

55235F26-5F7A-48E1-848D-4A24A815E27C.png

image (5).png
image (3).png
image (4).png
image (2).png

6977jamie:

rastone:

3300John:
John

No that’s the one from Lloyds.

Tony

image (5).png
Is that one of Thommos lurking in the background? I drove with him for a short while on for Bancroft n Powers . He said at the time 78ish, that he was going to run his own motors as soon as he could.

coomsey:
Is that one of Thommos lurking in the background? I drove with him for a short while on for Bancroft n Powers . He said at the time 78ish, that he was going to run his own motors as soon as he could.

I remember when they bought this F12 new, the driver was Barry Eames, ‘The Brush’. Only a month after they bought it, it returned to the yard one evening and whilst queuing up to refuel, the steering track rod-end ball joint fell apart and dropped off. So much for swedish engineeering! So lucky to have happened there going at 2mph.