Middle East Hands

bullitt:
Any of you ex Middle East lads used to know or remember a chap callled Terry Brookes? He was from Birmingham / Solihull area and used to be a regular on the M/E run in the 80`s? A real laugh, very dry sense of humour, smoked a pipe I think? I think he said he had a Transcon at one time, but then again, on the middle east run, so did a few hundred others :laughing:

I cant remeber who he used to work for but I do remember him saying that when he got down there he used to do abit of “internal” work,cash in hand, until he decided to head back home or until he got a back load sorted.

Another name that came to mind was a chap called Dave Terry, from Essex or East Angla area, soft spoken, slim, grey hair, only drank Coke! I think he used to do alot of Russia in the 80`s.

Just a thought…I worked with both these blokes for a couple of years in the early 90`s.Loved listening to some of their storys.

Cheers, bullitt.

Dave was from Chelmsford he ran for Brain haulage to Russia on M & S shipping work, He then came on M & S direct, we mainly did EU and Hungry.