woolyback:
heres one 1970 we think
the man himself my sister and brother

oops put the wrong photo on lol

alan howarth gordon wragg and arthur graham

SCANIA PHOTO-1.jpg

woolyback:
alan howarth gordon wragg and arthur graham

good thread brian keep it going pal, what realationship is brenda to you ? i worked with brenda as a 16yr old, she used to do the admin work for harry burn

brenda is my mam can remember her working for harry , seen harry a few years back .

woolyback:
brenda is my mam can remember her working for harry , seen harry a few years back .

was a right funny bugger harry, but a good man to work for, never known anyone drink so much tea, yeah yer mam was there when we moved from leasingthorne up to west auckland into old bus depot

Thought I’d add an old family photo of John, Kit and Annie

WOW NEVER SEEN THAT PICTURE BEFORE

anybody on here worked for him or new him . got loads of stories to tell

You know I worked for your Granda about 73/74. I can remember Neil Turnock, the late Micky Stewart, Graham from Sunnybrow, your Uncle Stephen, and who was that guy who used to repair the wagons, Gordon or something. Ha-Ha. I can recall an old bloke called Charlie who used to sort the timber out. Teddy was the signwriter and Brenda used to do the wages. Arthur Graham had something to do with arranging loads etc. Let’s hear all them stories, will catch up with you one of these days. Ronnie.

Are Stephen and Gordon Wragg the brothers who used to work for Econofreight?

andrewv8:

yes they are

remember me dad telling me that one of the scanias ran into the back of the other one , near strensham i think . also remember going to ravenscraig with sinta from consett , comming done the a74 the propshaft came of . me dad got it into a lay by , and we got a lift to the smelters arms at castle side . me dad rang me granda an he came for us after we walked to nani goat bank . got home at 5 in the morning , went to bed was up at 8 all ready to go back up with me dad and granda , but they has gone straight back up there . i was gutted lol love going with me dad and would get up at daft oclock to do so

woolyback:

andrewv8:

yes they are

My Mam and Dad know them, my Dad is Vic who used to work for Terry Greig and my Mam is Judith. My Grandad used to have wagons, Ernie Henderson from Crook.

andrewv8:

woolyback:

andrewv8:

yes they are

My Mam and Dad know them, my Dad is Vic who used to work for Terry Greig and my Mam is Judith. My Grandad used to have wagons, Ernie Henderson from Crook.

think i remember you can remember ernie he tried to buy some wheels of me about 94

Heres one of the man himself me my brother granda and sister ,
the truck guy invicible and i think the photo is about 1969

heres one of me in 72 73 think the truck was brand new here , the man is the cab is ted hannon the sign writer . he did all me grandads and all of mine well still doing them now

dont no were this photo was taken .
the lady on the top is my gran , johns wife . if you look closely you can see wragg on the door .
maybe some one was there . my gran had a class one licence . and regularly drove .
back in the early 70 s me grandad used to take coal from newton cap drift to skinnygrove . talking to my dad apparently me gran was quicker than most of the drivers .
going to skinnygrove now is still a challenge .
me gran also became a real good golfer being ladies captain at both bishop and crook .and also playing for the county . my granda always said if she had started golf young she would ave been world class .
not many people no this how me gran met me grandad .
this is true as both parties were there when i was told .
my gran was thumbing a lift and guess who stopped lol true think me gran was working in hoitel at the time in scarborough.

here they are together john and isabel thats there real names although a lot of folk called them sammy and bella

this photo was taken at the yard just before i moved the trucks to another yard as it was sold to a builder and is now a housing estate . very sad day . grew up there and was learnt a lot by my dad and granda . at 13 new how to stripe and repair a vespa ,
when i bought it it was a none runner and after a couple of weeks tinkering i got her to go , then i couldnt aford the petrol so altered the plug gap and ran it on petrol and thinners as this was readly avilable in the garage.
my dad and grandad wernt big fans of motor bikes so had to learn all of this the hard way , which in a way was a good thing,.
the white arrow van you can see was mine i used it to get to work until it started to nock . it had been parked there a couple of years in this pick it had me tools in . the truck is actually the th 5th truck i bought it was drove buy craig reaney at first and then davey bell jumped into the saddle. good truck bought it from union trucks at thirsk it was x sam andersons