Transport companies in Newark Notts

Would that be Ray hunt? I knew him when i worked for Marriotts

Photobucket
Photobucket
Famous haulier from Newark on Middle East :question:

What happened,cant seem to find these pictures.

bugboy:
Would that be Ray hunt? I knew him when i worked for Marriotts

A photo of dad,when he drove for a b m syrups.

Just as i remember him, One of the tanks off the truck was used as a diesel tank on a farm at Sibthorpe .

nigelhunt:
What happened,cant seem to find these pictures.

Managed to get the picture to work, Don’t remember seeing Buffalo Hauliers, there was a chap called Ron Roberts at Marriotts whose brother Ray used to do Saudi here’s the link to the picture not sure how to put it up s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 … e068-2.jpg

Here you are.

nigelhunt:
Your quite right chris.B W H or bells wharehousing were based at muskham and now its called pocklingtons.I remember
B W H having a place on northgate in newark,at that time there lorries were yellow.Coming back to RHP ,i drove for them
in the seventies and have lots of photos of my old lorries.

Nigel,
lets see some of your RHP pictures,
I did my apprenticeship at RHP chelmsford, 1975 till i left in 1981
I remember the Scammell Crusaders, A Lynx, and Mk 3 Buffalo units,
there were also Leyland & D Series rigids

One of the Crusaders was taken to bits at Chelmsford & they couldn’t put it back together, an Engineer from Rolls Royce came
& re-assembled it,
One ended up in a scrap yard a couple of miles from my house at the time

Hi toddy2, I will post some pictures but at this moment in time my scanner is out of commition.Here are a few reg numbers from
chelmsford you might remember.GTV 185N SCAMMELL CRUSADER,ONN 862L LEYLAND BUFFALO, GRR 493D EARLY BUFFALO.
will get back to you after christmas.

nigelhunt:
Hi toddy2, I will post some pictures but at this moment in time my scanner is out of commition.Here are a few reg numbers from
chelmsford you might remember.GTV 185N SCAMMELL CRUSADER,ONN 862L LEYLAND BUFFALO, GRR 493D EARLY BUFFALO.
will get back to you after christmas.

Hi Nigel

i remember the old Lynx was GRR 408J - went out in that a few times before it was relegated to shunting duties
The Crusader that finished up at Chelmsford was HRB 837N or 873N
there was also an R reg Buffalo Mk 3 near the end

Wasn’t there a fridge firm from Newark way (maybe had some pictures of the local church / cathedral on sides of them) Looked quite smart IIRC

seem to believe they also had two dodge v8 six wheelers.

here/s a photo given to me of a merc based at collingham,just outside newark.

Has enyone any photos of curry/s old lorries,in the old livery when they were based in barnbygate newark in the 70s.They were Dodge
four wheelers with de mount bodies.

.taken at newark truckfest

Barkers transport from balderton ,any info on this photo would be appreciated.

Hoveringham gravels had a quarry at newark,here’s one heading out of newark in the 50s.

nigelhunt:
0 Hoveringham gravels had a quarry at newark,here’s one heading out of newark in the 50s.

You have certainly dug that one out Nigel smashing old photo. :slight_smile:

Another old bedford belonging to guilstrap earps.

nigelhunt:
0Just been browsing and bubbleman has posted this article about hempsells.Im sure he wont mind me putting it on
this thread.Cheers Bubbs.

Back in the mists of time I used to load from Unimills in Erith and I remember a few guys from Hempsalls, some of whom were owner drivers. The names are Barry Lewin, Geoff Proctor and one whose surname was Duffin, anyone know of them?