Scania 140 / 141

kmills:
G’Day Landowner,

just out of interest, have you considered or tried AutoCad?

2D drawing on autocad is quite simple - you do need the program of course - but there are free tutorials available on Youtube etc…, within a few short sessions you could be up & running.

The big advantage of using something like autocad, is that you can draw whatever it is you want - the Scania cab in your case, and move lines around to your hearts content - lengthen, shorten, change angles and so on untill it looks correct - then click on ‘dimension’, and bingo - there’s all the measurements for you.

Just a suggestion,

Cheers, Keith

Good idea Keith but I’m not technically minded, I can draw a cab using for instance 1 cm per foot but first I need the cab measurements, do you know the distance from the rear of the door to the dividing section of the cab just in front of the corner window ? or the width of the inserted section of the cab which changes it from a day cab to a sleeper ? or the distance from the top of the front wheel to the top of the wing, and the depth of the wing etc etc. I can’t find these measurements on the internet, I did have a go at a Peterbilt cab because I thought it would be easy but I got the rake of the front of the cab wrong and also the corners of the cab were wrong so it looked a bit silly. Dont want to do the same with the Scania

First attempt without any measurements to go on

an almost  painted cab.jpg