some of their fodens and a ex barnes ERF

6185241829_29a1b3aebc_z.jpg

Chesterfield-20131114-00068.jpg

Chesterfield-20131114-00065.jpg

Chesterfield-20131114-00064.jpg

one from past

13466403_10206485787448044_3351296559726352142_n.jpg

antrtr:
i haven’t seen that truck in years that volvo used to pull tippers it would be nice to see the fodens again to

cheers

The fleet of Fodens began to disappear around 1997 as the market work was dwindling and the fleet was reducing, over a period of 2-3 years more artics were going onto tipper work.This FL10 was mine and used mainly ARC/ Hanson on local deliveries, This was the 1st of the Volvo fleet around 1996 and followed by 4 more over the next couple of years or so. the last 8 wheeler tippers were ERF until the end.

Ian ran 3 FH Volvo’s on walking floor work for a waste contract around 2004-2007 as well as straw and some tipper work.Around 2012 the yard was sold and CA Barnes and son was finished as road haulage.

Good to hear from you Paul I spent alot of times in the markets with Martin Ian and Sam think you called me Stan at the time lol didn’t Ian buy you a Scania once which didn’t last long, have you got any photos of them be nice to see them all again

antrtr:
Good to hear from you Paul I spent alot of times in the markets with Martin Ian and Sam think you called me Stan at the time lol didn’t Ian buy you a Scania once which didn’t last long, have you got any photos of them be nice to see them all again

I did have a Scania 144-460 on Hanson’s the last year or so I worked for Ian, it would work for 3 days and break down for 2 lol. I finished in early 2003 but I am still in regular contact with Ian and will ask if he has any photo’s of the Scania as I don’t. I have a couple of photos of his last trucks that he pulled walking floors with when he worked for me on the waste.

Thanks paul the Scania wasn’t a brilliant motor then lol, be good to see some photos of any of his old trucks shame i didn’t take more really

One I found online

old219.jpg

barnes DAF

Few more I’ve found

FB_IMG_1511732381149.jpg

Few more oldies

Another foden

F342820E-71CF-4718-B961-3E95C52C5B20.jpeg

when i was younger i remember a haulage firm called c.a barnes & son from haddenham cambridgeshire, they used to have alot of fodens and erf’s in blue livery they regulary delivered to fruit markets at night and tippers in the day. they were regulars at truckfest every year.
Does anyone have any information or photos

THANKS

Hiya, sorry to have to tell you Cliff Barnes died a couple of weeks ago, his wife and son still live at Haddenham and i think the business carries on.
Bill

Thats a shock to hearit’s been a long time since i saw cliff, i never see them or their lorrys around anymore

Here is a pic of an FL10.

I have got some pics of the Fodens which I will look out in the next couple of weeks.

As far as I know Ian Barnes was still running a couple of FH Globetrotters and an eight wheel ERF EC tipper up until quite recently.

Cheers
Mark

i haven’t seen that truck in years that volvo used to pull tippers it would be nice to see the fodens again to

cheers

i heard that in the 90s they were in one of the well known trucking magazines but not sure which one

They were in Trucking International and Commercial Motor

i saw one of the volvos today ,not the normal blue tho it was white and red with a tipper trailer

one of barnes fodenson the left at truckfest